StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Chrome/TG Xpert or SV Pole???

• Veena

Administrator
    December 16, 2013 at 9:52 am

The SV pole has a special process done to it that gives it a “softer” feel, than regular powder coating. It’s still grippy with out the harshness of some PC poles. That’s the best way I can describe it. 🙂

• Dancing Paws

December 16, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I don’t have a SV pole, but I’ve been on transparent and opaque PC. Lilmynx poles are opaque, and I find that PC type to be highly grippy. Transparent PC still has a nice grip, but it’s not AS sticky as the opaque PCs. Either way, they are both still grippy for me, sometimes too grippy, lol

• AriFerrari

December 19, 2013 at 7:24 am

Just an update, I went ahead and stuck with the Xpert. What can I say, I’m a creature of habit.

After trying my instructor’s black lil mynx rotator the other day, I did find that I really loved the powder coating. I felt pretty confident about the grip. However, I just couldn’t get past the clanking noise it made during more high impact tricks and spins while set on static. I will most likely use static more often and it was distracting and although the pole felt pretty sturdy, just made me a little hesitant. I do want to clarify that I did research this noise and have read many sources saying it is just because of the way the pole is built with a pole inside a pole, so the clanking is not a stability issue as much as just the anatomy of the pole. My experience with the lil mynx wasn’t bad at all, I just really like the solid feeling of an xpole, personally.

I ended up getting a really great deal on a used Xpert on ebay last night, with the extra money I didn’t spend on a new one I will have a friend powder coat it to replicate the lil mynx’s finish. Best of both worlds. I’m so excited!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 19, 2013 at 10:10 am

The noise you hear inside the lil mynx is the inner pole. They all have that sound and it’s not anything that would in anyway make the pole unstable. 🙂

Page 2 of 2