StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Are you over 40 and up a pole? Check in here :)

• Amdoug

June 30, 2014 at 7:04 pm

Hi. I turned 50 the end of January and discovered pole 3 month’s prior. So wished I discovered it sooner! Love what it’s done for my arms and currently working on abs. Nothing like the support and encouragement I get from my much further advanced classmates and from all the “moms” who know what I’m up to. Pun intended LOL

• Cazzzz

August 14, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Well, alrighty then. I’m 46 and I can’t see any reason why I can’t be upside down and in booty shorts, too! I’ve never been so excited to be in an over-40-club. 🙂

• Rachel Osborne

August 14, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Yay welcome to the bad ass upside down no apologies for me booty short high heels and might kick younger non poling ladies ass very nicely club 🙂

• SugarB

August 16, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Wow, so many good stories. I just turned 42 and got interested in pole dancing as a workout a few months ago. Iv been in the gym since I was 8 years old. My mom was half owners of a small town gym for many years. I fell in love with how the body looked when lifting weights but lately it’s just so boring to go do the same thing over and over. I was a runner until my vertebrae’s starting to collapse and I had chronic back pain. I can not jump around and have to move carefully when i do certain aerobic classes. Iv always been flexible and do yoga to help with that but yes it does get boring sometimes. So when I started a local pole dancing class I was hooked and felt amazing. It’s low impact cardio with huge results that use every muscle in the body and I’m in control of every movement which is fun. My boyfriend bought me a pole for my birthday and I have been doing it almost everyday. It’s so fun and my body is changing. Not so bored with exercise anymore. Although I still go to the gym with my 18yr old daughter and 16 yr old son to keep them motivated in healthy living, I’m in a much happier excited place with pole dancing. You girls ROCK!

• Black Orchid

August 17, 2014 at 12:40 am

I started pole when I was 39 and I’m 43 now. I came in with some strength from playing on silks and being a gym rat but pole has definitely brought out the strength in me! There are lots of things I’m still working through but I am loving performing, competing and training 🙂

• ferrous

August 17, 2014 at 1:18 am

I’m 42 and started pole dancing when I was 37, and I got pretty good at it, but then stopped when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my now 2 year old little boy. I just started getting into it again about a month or so ago and I’m loving it.

• ferrous

August 17, 2014 at 1:19 am

I have to say that it feels so weird to be posting in an ‘I’m over 40’ thread, because when I think about myself, I’m always so sure that I’m still in my late twenties. LOL!! 😀

• Hazi411

August 17, 2014 at 1:26 am

Hahaha yes!! And I will be 60 next year! I just don’t see why I shouldn’t do (or be able to do!) things because of “my age”. Attitude is everything. Age? Pah!

• ferrous

August 17, 2014 at 5:34 am

Amen, Hazi! 😀

• Caribbean

August 17, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I got a pole for my 46th birthday, thanks to my hubby; I started pole dancing in January of this year and I love it. This is my daily workout and have not gone back to the gym, cancelled my membership. It is incredible what my body can do. My teenage kids are surprised for the things I can do while up on the pole. One of them has even tried some techniques with no luck. I love it.

• ladyclay

April 2, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Wow so many of us! I’m 41 tomorrow and have been poleing for 14 months. There’s no pole studio in our town, we have to travel to the next town over so we only go once a week. I have a pole in my spare room but struggle to motivate myself to get on it! Hoping becoming a Veena Studio subscriber will inspire me to get off my bum and onto my pole so I’ve just bought a year’s subscription.

Page 9 of 9