StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Are you over 40 and up a pole? Check in here :)

• Jerzgrl313

June 19, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Woot-woot! Just turned 40 in March!

• ERdocwifeRN

June 21, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Hello all! 40 here! Just starting! I was on the pole in my 20s, when they were only in “clubs” 🙂 I got my xpole last week and hubby installed it the second it arrived 😉 I got it for the sole purpose of exercise and rehab. I have had four strokes, I have factor V, Leiden which causes my blood to clot easy, which gave me right sided hemaparesis. I had rehabbed for a year, but still have tremors and issues with my right side. But when using the pole, the tremors disappear, and I feel normal again! I remember a few things, but it really isn’t like riding a bike after 20 years have passed. Nonetheless, nothing like feeling sexy again in a pair of heels and a pole- and your husband of 10 years, acting like a teenager at his first gentlemen’s club! It makes me feel 20 again!

• DRS74

June 21, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I am officially 40 today! I just joined your club:-). I have been playing on the pole less than a year. Just a beginner here.

• Rachel Osborne

June 21, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Happy happy pole freaking ass busting high kicking hip rolling fly poling birthday! Best is yet to come!

• Afrodcya

June 21, 2014 at 9:42 pm

I’m 44 years old. Started poling a few years ago, bought a pole, then stopped. About to be an empty nester on July 1st. My last son is going to college. Ready to put up my pole in his room!!!

• Wanda Lust

June 21, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I’m 54, started last year and yes it takes me a little longer to learn a move, and I’m not as strong as the younger ladies but it’s fun and and keeps me in shape.

• ThePoleDiva

June 22, 2014 at 5:41 am

I’ll be the big 44 this October. I’m coming up on my 2 year pole-versary and must say that pole has got to be the best “workout” decision I’ve ever made. I hate exercising and had been sucking it up and running half marathons for a few years to stay in shape. After one too many knee injuries I decided to take up pole (thank you Groupon). One class and I was hooked. Yes, I am usually the oldest one in the room (but not always, I look up to one of the dancers in my spin class – she just turned 53 and is amazing) but it’s nice when I nail a move before a 20 something kiddo does! I’m like, “yeah, take that old age…you ain’t nothing but a number”. Rock on all my 40+ pole sisters….rock on!

• Kali671802

June 26, 2014 at 11:40 am

I can’t believe how many 40+ women are in this site! This makes me very excited. I am 47 and I started last year. This is soooo much fun. I wish I could go to my local studio every day. Now I sort of can with this site!

• Sarahb69

June 26, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I’m also here…45 and counting. I don’t know how long I’ve been a member here, but I started pole when I was 40…fell in love and still at it!

• TrixieLee

June 27, 2014 at 10:38 am

51 and have never been in better shape-I honestly think my abs are due to pole work. I love it!!!

• angelic1583

June 27, 2014 at 11:02 am

I am 42 and have been taking pole lessons for about 3 months. I used to lift weights and run year ago and hated every minute and never noticed much improvement. I am amazed by the definition that is starting to show in my arms already, and am looking forward to learning more. I absolutely love this site and this discussion group!

• Legs4Days

June 27, 2014 at 12:48 pm

I will be 54 in August but still at it slowly but surely!

• KarenC

June 28, 2014 at 10:18 am

I started pole fitness a year and 3 mos. ago. I was looking to improve my flexibility and lean out my muscles to get away from the weightlifter body shape. I turned 49 this year. I am the mother of 3 older teens. I do pole fitness at least 3 times per week for about two hours per day. If I have a good week, I am in the dance studio 5 days a week for 2 hours per day. I am so hooked and love every minute of pole dancing. When I am having a bad day and I’m frustrated or irritated, I walk into the studio with one set of emotions and walk out feeling good. I have met so many women of all ages and truly look forward to seeing them at the studio. I love the sisterhood that we all share whether at my pole studio or around the world.

• NVirginian

June 30, 2014 at 9:30 am

I’m 51 and will be celebrating my 2 year Poleversary in Late July. I walked into a class and was frustrated that I couldn’t do a basic pole hold and the fireman spin had me all bruised up. So I went back the next day…and the next! I had gained about 25 lbs in a relatively short period of time and was determined to get it off and get in shape. I liked pilates and yoga but had never considered pole until I saw it offered at my gym included in the membership. It’s a new studio but I go every day and take every class I can, both pole and the conditioning classes offered. I’ve lost the 25lbs and I think I’m stronger than ever. Yes, I am the oldest in all my classes but only a few know that. I remember the struggle with learning to invert! But it wasn’t long before I was able to V-up and just hang there. I found out recently that some of the ladies still can’t do that after years of poling! So there are some things I can get right away (I’m pretty fearless) and there are some things I can’t and others can (I’m not as flexible as I used to be) but I have a blast every time I’m there. I’ve injured myself twice but I still went to work on other things. They hurt less when I’m hanging upside down! My instructors think I’m crazy

• catinahart725582

June 30, 2014 at 10:37 am

I am 41 and just began poling a few weeks ago. I start my first class on the 7th and I am very excited. I am also from Va, Newport News. You have encouraged me that one day I may be able to invert too. By the way hurray for the weight loss that’s incredible. Who says you can’t teach a old dog new tricks, hang in there hun.

Page 8 of 9