StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Are you over 40 and up a pole? Check in here :)

• MD5677

April 18, 2014 at 10:30 am

What I love about being in my 50s and poling is seeing the look of admiration in my daughter, the look of absolute embarrassment in my teenage son, the look of envy in my peers who have retired to the rocking chair and the looks my husband gives me…and you can guess why 🙂

• x falcon 3 0 x

April 18, 2014 at 10:41 am

43. I started poling 3 1/2 yrs ago out of sheer curiosity. Aside from when I used to surf every day when I was in California, pole has kept me in the best shape of my life. When I moved here to Seattle 2 years ago, lack of sun and moving away from friends and family for the 1st time in my life greatly disrupted my mojo. I am back into it now hardcore and am on mission to regain the physique I had before my move. Pole itself is amazing but I love what you ladies over 40 are rockin especially!!!

• Elskerpolet

April 18, 2014 at 11:29 am

I’m almost 52 and have been poling for 4 years. I’ve gained more strength, more friends and more confidence than I ever would’ve got from going to the gym.

• MariYabe

April 18, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I’m almost 54. I only feel my age when I wake up in the morning and feel my sore muscles. When I dance, pole, do other aerial art I feel AGELESS! I feel like the kid on the playground messin’ around having fun with complete freedom. Of course I’m not the bendiest or strongest dancer/poler out there but I don’t care, I listen to my body and move however I want, in that moment. There are good days and challenging days but I’m addicted to the fun of it all. It’s almost a problem cause that’s all I think about…”when’s the next time I can I invert again?” 🙂 happy poling peeps.

• Cuwoody

April 18, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Lol Mari Being upside down is my favorite part. I love finding new ways to turn upside down and all the different positions I can put my body in wile upside down.

• x falcon 3 0 x

April 18, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Legs4days I use that as a motivator to the youngins. If my old ass can do it…or you’re not gonna let an old lady outdo you !

• BonnieAndClyde

April 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Wow! Such an awesome thread. I have thought about starting a discussion about this but to no avail. Anyway, just turned 42 and started at 39. Feel and look better than I did in my 20’s! My gymnastics back round has def come in handy and Like you all have said I was amazed at what I was capable of doing. Learning some of the more advanced tricks was and is a pure adrenalin rush for me. If I put my mind to it I will accomplish it and nothing could make me happier!Im literally in love with pole and will keep on keepin’ on until ….. 40’s polers, ROCK ON LADIES! Gotta love it when you are the oldest and doing more challenging tricks than someone half our age! Now thats a real confidence booster. Well that and the way my husband likes to watch when I dont think he is!! you are all inspiring and amazing!

• AnnVann

April 18, 2014 at 2:35 pm

57 here, started last October. I love it!! I never had any upper body strength before. Pole makes me feel younger because I feel capable and strong. I have nursed two injuries since I started, but just need to be more patient and keep up the conditioning and thorough warm ups. Pole on!

• Palace

April 18, 2014 at 4:41 pm

I am 46 and will be 47 in June. I started poling at the beginning of last year–let’s just say the first day of 2013 and I have been poling ever since. I love it. I find it challenging and exhilarating at the same time. I have never been athletic or a real dancer. However, with pole, I’ve found myself trying to be both. i work out in order to be able to do the pole moves. I can do pull-ups, squats and push-ups now and I could not before. I lost around 60 pounds last year, unfortunately, I gained about 10 pounds back over the winter (Michgan winters are hard), but I am back on track to lose that 10 plus another 10. My body is still in the best shape that it has been in in 20 years. I love the motivation, perserverance and confidence that pole gives me. I hope to be poling until the body can’t move anymore. Thanks for the thread.

• calipolepixie

April 18, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I started pole at 38, I am now 42 & my journey started out slow but now it’s starting to take off! I plan on doing pole showcases later this year, am currently working on my pole teacher certifications & will work toward my group fitness & health coach certs in 2015 🙂

The difference I have noticed in myself being an “older” poler is…soreness & pain lingers longer from practices, my flexibility is atrocious–splits haha fat chance & back bends are now on my NO LIST due to always ending up with back issues after I work on back bends & back flexibility. Also fear…I am a very scaredy cat poler and the older I get the worse my fear gets it seems, so it takes me a little longer to get/nail moves that I don’t feel safe or comfortable with. But! I love pole & have finally come to terms with the fact that my journey is my own & to just enjoy MY journey for the unique journey that it is. I listen to my body & heart when I pole & I am conscious of my limitations & embrace them…they are what make me, well me & I’m fine with that.

I do wish too like the others that I had started sooner like in my 20s, progressing a little faster & having a little more flexy would have been nice 🙂

• calipolepixie

April 18, 2014 at 5:36 pm

The pluses: I’m healthier & stronger now than I was in my 20s & 30s thanks to pole fitness! And pole has given me a major sexy confidence that I didn’t have in my 20s or 30s. Pole has aged me like a fine wine & I love it! And it keeps me in shape & looking young…people always think I’m in my mid to late 20s 🙂

• makasha

April 18, 2014 at 7:37 pm

My 1-year anniversary at my studio is this month! I’ll be 41 in July and it is definitely my goal to get my front splits this year, on both sides! I love the muscle definition pole gives me, and I always know there’s a beautiful community at my studio waiting to boost me up when I can’t seem to nail a move or a spin, but I just keep trying because of their encouragement. I’m always glad I went to pole class, even if I was dragging my butt off the couch and trying to talk myself out of it! Can’t wait to get my anniversary t-shirt next weekend 😉

• grayeyes

April 18, 2014 at 8:04 pm

I didn’t know there were so many of us! Thank you to all for posting. Now I’m off to go look at everyone’s photos!

• Rachel Osborne

April 18, 2014 at 8:38 pm

So pleased I asked.
    Totally happy and inspired to read all your stories.
    Pole upwards and onwards!

• Judy Jovanelly

April 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm

56, started about 5 yrs ago! My how time flies !!!!

Page 3 of 9