StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Aerial Silks for the pole

• Charley

October 24, 2014 at 11:09 am

I recently decided to invest in a silk for my pole and I went with the Nexus Wrap from LRU Studios. For what it’s worth to anyone I am not affiliated with any of the companies (though X-pole has been a great sponsor for my events.) I decided on the Nexus Wrap because it’s rubber and it won’t damage my pole or anyone else’s, it doesn’t require any tools and it’s light weight, compact and can be carried in my bag. Price wise the Nexus system is (from my research thus far) on the lower end of cost. I’ve hung fabpole from several poles and playground equipment with no issues. It’s VERY easy to set up and get going. Customer service at LRU Studios is top notch and it took less than a week to get my whole set up which included the Nexus wrap/sling, caribener and a set of 20ft silks. I have not used the other products on the market but the simplicity of nexus is really great.

It’s really important to note that Pole Aria does not recommend use of their apparatus with any other poles besides LM – which makes sense – this is the pole type it was designed for. I assume X-Pole will also state the same thing. Use caution whenever using a product in ways it’s not designed for. Make sure you are always using poles and attachments according the manufacturers guidelines.

I’m super happy with my fabpole setup. The silks that I purchased from LRU to go with the sling are on the narrow side (I’m used to fat silks) so I purchased a 30ft set of used fabric from a girlfriend – I have yet to play with that. I have hung the silks as silks with two tails, tied it as a hammock and even hung it as a hammock and it’s really great! The fabric I purchased that it came with it is high quality and really beautiful.

One more thing, I have silks experience and a lot of pole experience but I found the hybrid very difficult as did a lot of my very experienced friends. Before you purchase any type of silk for your pole please invest in a really good crash mat and have a buddy to help you. I’ve gotten tied up and stuck – knocked into the pole and host of other things. Go slow and be really careful. Don’t be afraid to spend the money on some skype lessons – which can be done with LRU for sure and perhaps a few other people/places. I fully intend on doing some privates with Leesi at LRU (it’s only $60/hour – very reasonable) and probably teacher training too.

My last piece of advice is to make sure you are comfortable with spin mode basics at least with speeding up and slowing down – you have to use these on spin – it’s really not a good idea to use them in static mode if your pole is not perm mounted. I’m not a spin queen by any stretch and that has been the most challenging aspect of this for me is being okay with the spin. You can start slow though. I also recommend you start using them as a hammock first – this allows you to be hands free in certain things and you can also work with spinning better especially if you aren’t great with it like me – and you can do some really simple and elegant things. 🙂 Hope this helps anyone looking at pole/silk hybrids.

• LilMynx

October 24, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Charley, that is a great post with a lot of helpful information for those out there beginning on their journey with pole and fabric.

I do want to clear up some confusion. Lil’ Mynx does not claim that Pole Aria can only be used on our product. As our site states, Pole-Aria was developed on the Lil’ Mynx line of removable dance poles. While it can also be used on other brands of poles, Pole Aria should not be used on a free standing pole/stage or any friction only mounted poles.

We firmly believe that a pole must have a bolted in mount to attach silks to as the load amount applied using any of these attachments is much greater than normal pole moves. So any pole that utilizes a bolted mount is fine to use with Pole Aria.

• LRu Studios

October 24, 2014 at 5:06 pm

FabPole also offers regular aerial fabric, both non and med stretch for aerial and FabPole use. Please contact is for prices. Smiles.

• polesilks

October 25, 2014 at 3:28 pm

What great posts from you all If your looking to start your journey with Pole and Material
    We would also like to clarify for anyone who is looking to purchase any of the products that are now available.

Polesilks was specifically designed not to damage your pole, and to fit any pole. (without removing any parts from the unit or pole) Our SILKS again where designed for the same use. Each unit carries its own serial number that is specifically assigned to you the owner.

We spent close to a year testing in house and then having tests carried out on both by an independent testing house using a compression fitted pole.

Why did we do this? So we could offer insurance to ensure YOUR SAFETY. After meeting with Mark Culp at PoleExpo 2013 his help was invaluable allowing us to extend our insurance to the USA and Canada.

Our silks carry a logo so that we can identify our product should there be any issue and to prove that we are the manufacturer of them and they are not purchased “Off the shelf” or from an on-line shop etc.

Please remember when using any of these products you follow their fitting and safety instructions along with you pole manufactures instructions to ensure your safety at all time and train safe!

To clarify what you can our product for please refer to our website Q&A section for more information http://www.polesilks.co.uk/q-a/

We can also offer training by Skype.

Sue Colebourne

• Stephanie X Pole

October 27, 2014 at 11:29 am

Hey Everyone! Just to let you know the much anticipated X-Pole Silkii is now available in the US! Please email info@xpoleus.com or give us a call with any questions you may have.

Thanks!!

• polesilks

October 27, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Everything comes with your Polesilks kit to start having fun today. Its not just for the ladies! Get yours in the USA from Poleamor

Page 3 of 3