StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 30 Day Take Off!!

• PoleFeline

May 16, 2013 at 7:59 am

I take lessons in a studio and they are very helpful and nice but I took about 8 months off for a big move and rehab on a house we bought and since then haven't been able to get back into a regular routine. I go once or twice and then don't go again for 3 or 4 weeks. I was so excited at first and bought a pole right away. It has it's own room and everything. When I go to class now I feel like I am way behind what everyone else is doing. I can barely climb and can't even begin to invert. I feel discouraged and somewhat embarrassed. Also, I think that I have hurt my shoulder at some point. It's nothing that bothers me on a regular basis but when I lift my arm a certain way it really hurts and it seems to flare up when I'm on the pole. I think I have been trying to do things that I'm not prepared for or strong enough for. I was wondering if any of you could suggest exercises that will help me get stronger to help me prevent injury. This is a hard sport and I want to get better at it. I really enjoy it a lot but am feeling discouraged. Thanks.

• Veena

Administrator
    May 16, 2013 at 9:06 am

PoleFeline are you taking the online lessons here? If so, there are many lessons that focus on conditioning the shoulders and other muscles that would be helpful. These conditioning lessons are included in the 30 day take off. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• PoleFeline

May 16, 2013 at 9:23 am

Thanks. After I posted I read through all these posts and realized that is exactly what I need to be doing!!

• Linuxgirl

May 16, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Day 12 here.. Wow, I didn't take Veena's advice and do Rejuvenation days at first now, sometimes I do two rejuvenation days. I found a good rest period allows me to have an awesome pole day, I got my very first cross knee release ever after a 48 hour break.

There are days I just freestyle and enjoy myself and then there are days I work out with Veena doing her strength training, other days I do Aletha Austin's stretching for pole, I mix it up, I'm not worried about the 30 days, I'm in no hurry, I do not want to get permanently injured. 

My Internet research made me realize we aren't training much different than body builders, I added glucosamine, Omegas, Multi-vitamin and an extra iron supplement to my daily morning ritual on top on Advil and I drink a protein shake after poling.

don't forget to feed those muscles 🙂

No matter how many rest days, my body is still telling me and letting me know I'm working out, there are days I'm stiff and the michigan weather doesn't help much.

• Prplegrl10

May 17, 2013 at 6:39 am

Hoping to do day 6 tonight!  I have been taking classes at a studio in MD since Jan but my favorite instructor injured herself and is out for 6+ weeks.  I like the class environment because my instructor can tell me "you are doing x wrong, here is how to adjust" but at the same time I feel like I am gaining much more strength from the lessons here.

• shepnic

May 24, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I started Veena's 30 day take off program this week … but i'm alternating between Veena's workout and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.  hoping that my body will quit fighting against me and i shed some inched before summer really gets here.  so far i'm loving veena's lesson plan.  so organized this is what i have been missing from the beginning of my pole journey.  tomorrow is day 3 …can't wait.

• Megchica13

August 28, 2013 at 7:38 am

What all do you need to get started?

• Veena

Administrator
    August 28, 2013 at 9:52 am

The 30 day take off program is part of the lesson package. You’ll have access to it once you purchase the lessons. You’ll need a pole at home to get started.

• Megchica13

August 28, 2013 at 10:43 am

I have one but i was wondering do i need to get a foam roller or anything else for the exercises. 

• Veena

Administrator
    August 28, 2013 at 11:39 am

You don't have to have the foam roller, I use it a few times in the program but it's not a big deal if you don't have one. You can just skip that part. I would suggest buying a resistance band or 2. I use those in the program and I suggest all pole dancers use them for conditioning. They are pretty inexpensive. Here are two examples http://www.amazon.com/Valeo-VA7657MU-Stretch-Bands/dp/B0007IS714/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377707857&sr=8-4&keywords=resistance+bands

http://www.amazon.com/SPRI-ES501R-Xertube-Resistance-Medium/dp/B0000AJ050/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377707937&sr=8-2&keywords=resistance+bands

You can find them at sporting goods stores and places like WalMart and Target too.

• xlosiewkosmosie1231

March 17, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Hi, I’m starting 30 day take-off. I would love to know if I should do only this one lesson through one day? I noticed those are shared for random muscles parts. Can I do e.g. 1-4 lessons one day and 5-6-7 the other, etc? I was a part of few trainings and I tried fireman, pole-sit and some other figures but I can’t do it well, so I want to make my muscles harder.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 17, 2016 at 6:57 pm

You only need to do the lessons listed below the main video player, called Related Lessons. Those are the lessons you do that day, they change each day, follow the suggested reps I talk about in the main video or the days descriptions.😊

Page 5 of 5