StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions 30 Day Take Off!!

• 30 Day Take Off!!

Posted by chemgoddess1 on January 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm

So this is a thread just for all of us that are starting the program through the lessons.  Feel free to comment about your progress or just check in for accountability.

I personally plan on starting tonight but I know that I will have some interruptions throughout the month due to travel.

Veena replied 8 years, 2 months ago 32 Members · 72 Replies
  • 72 Replies
  • portableninja

January 3, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I started on New Year's Eve. I am currently on Day 4 (a rest day).

So far I really like it. I found that piecing together my own fitness plan from Veena's lessons was challenging, so I really appreciate having the structure. It's awesome to just go to the day's lessons and do them, without having to think about what to do. I've also been taking yoga classes regularly for about a month, which has prepared my body better to start poling seriously again.

I want to make sure I have the right muscles in place before I work on aerial tricks again. I was doing too much, too soon in the past and was using bad body mechanics in order to achieve the moves. To do things with good form, I need stronger shoulders, legs, core, wrists… pretty much everything. It's humbling to go back to the basics but also really important to get them right.

• chemgoddess1

January 3, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Just got finished with day 1 and I can tell you that the leg lifts killed me!  My hips are so not flexible and these reminded me how tight they really are.  I really should video the lifts and use that as my January submission!

• CapFeb

January 3, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I am going to start day one in about an hour, and then do a short freestyle afterwords because I promised one for DD 😛 

• chemgoddess1

January 7, 2013 at 3:11 pm

So, yeah, um, I did nothing this past weekend but watch the stuff for days 2 & 3.  Plan on doing day 3 when I get home from Zumba tonight.  I will already be warm so I will skip the basic warm up.

• SoloEbo

January 7, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I plan on starting today.  I'm such an impatient person.  I hope I can stick with the program and not be tempted to skip ahead and hurt myself, lol

• portableninja

January 7, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I agree it's tough not to skip ahead. I want to do more on the pole today, but I know I have to go to yoga tonight. So I'm saving my strength.

I'm impressed I've made it as far as day 8 without skipping. Now the streak is what's keeping me going. Though to be fair, I did skip the wrist strengtheners on Day 7 (a rest day). I wasn't feeling well and just curled up on the couch instead. I'll do those tonight after yoga…. maybe?

• Whitney Love

January 7, 2013 at 3:29 pm

I'm happy to hear great feedback about the 30 day program. I was about to join when my wrist was mysteriously injured. It's going on two weeks and it's still hurts, hopefully I can start the program next week if it's still available. (fingers crossed)

• Veena

Administrator
    January 7, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Hefmod, sending you healing vibes. The program isn't going anywhere, it will be here when you get back. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

• CapFeb

January 7, 2013 at 6:25 pm

So just to confirm, this program is intended for those of us with busy lives…I have a very active job, and yesterday (Sunday) I just stretched and skipped day two because I wasn't sure if I would be overdoing it. This series is meant to be done every day without interruption? Or only when I'm not feeling like dying? Lol

• Veena

Administrator
    January 7, 2013 at 6:34 pm

CapFeb…Yes, its meant for those with busy lives, but as a dancer in a club you'll have to use your best judgment because your already pole dancing more than an average home poler. However at the beginning of the program the rest days are not very heavy at all. 

• ChocolateLegs

January 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Im confused….what is this? Clearly I missed something but all I’m seeing are comments on the topic and not the actual plan…?

• Krissykiki

January 7, 2013 at 6:43 pm

just finished day 6! I really like that its introducing me to stretching and exervcise video lessons that I may have never clicked on otherwise. I have had to skip one day so far due to life but I just started up again then next day. 🙂 I'm really enjoying it so far and am excited to see how adding this to my pole routine will affect my strength and flexibility. 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    January 7, 2013 at 6:48 pm

ChocolateLegs. The 30 day take off is a program is a new additition to the online lessons here. Here is a sample of what its about if you're interested. https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/50e4694e-a85c-4fa0-8e66-61940ac37250

Yep Krissy, that's totally fine, if you miss a day just pick up where you left off. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• CapFeb

January 7, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Thanks Veena, I assumed as much but hate starting a regiment and then quiting halfway through. Not only because it makes me feel like a failure ( 😛 ) but also because it means I'm over-exerting myself. AGAIN. 

• Veena

Administrator
    January 7, 2013 at 7:14 pm

CapFeb, the 30 days are a guide, so there is no failure. 

Page 1 of 5