StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions xpole silicone pole

• xpole silicone pole

Posted by Wcox on November 28, 2014 at 9:30 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried the silicone xpole? I would love to hear some feedback before I decide if I should purchase or not?

Zara Maria replied 3 years, 7 months ago 18 Members · 38 Replies
  • 38 Replies
  • Saeth

November 28, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I haven’t personally used one but my instructor said they are great for those who are held back by fear of slipping, for those trying new and tricky moves for the first time, those who have low poling confidence or those who turn up to class with fully covered legs 😛 She said something about spins, I think it was negative but I’m not entirely sure, sorry.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I have yet to try the Silicone pole but I do know you can’t do static spins on silicone. However the xpole silicone pole has spinny mode so you can still use that! It would be a great way to pole with closes on. We just added our new shopping cart to the site so check it out! https://www.studioveena.com/store/index.php/poles.html

• Wcox

November 28, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Thanks! Anyone had any experience with a sleeve that would go over your current pole? I’m torn on if I should just get a sleeve or get the silicone xpole. I heard the sleeves are hard to get on/off with pressure mount xpole.

• Veena

Administrator
    November 28, 2014 at 3:45 pm

This is what pops up when you do a search for Pole Sleeves here. I would say for the price go for the silicone pole. https://www.studioveena.com/searches/index?s=Pole+sleeve

• Krissykiki

November 28, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I did a review on Pole Armour which is a grip sleeve. I like it as a training option but I wouldn’t want it on my pole all the time. If you are interested my review is here http://www.kikispoleblog.com/2014/09/pole-armour-review-and-giveaway.html

• Rose2011

November 29, 2014 at 8:35 am

I have a question. Someone mentioned that if you get even a drop of water on the silicone it becomes very slippery. How would it do in a high humid area and sweating?.

• Rose2011

November 29, 2014 at 9:09 am

I thought of another question. How does the silicone do in the sun. I want to set a stage pole up outside and I live in Alabama were it gets quiet hot/sunny?

• PoleNika

November 30, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Silicone will definitely get slippery when wet…kind of defeating the purpose. Pole sleeves have been tested and proven in high humidity situations and even in water shows…check out their Facebook page for pics. There are tons of great reviews for pole sleeves on studio veena. Even if is difficult to take on and off (I don’t think it is, but that’s my personal experience), you CAN’T take the silicone off and once it wears down the pole will be useless. POLESLEEVES is having a great sale right now making the sleeves only $175! And they are a much superior product to the rip off that is pole armour (there is a thread on here comparing one to the other…armour fell down to a bunched up mess a few minutes into a performance)

• Rose2011

December 2, 2014 at 6:10 am

Polenika. Thank you. 🙂

• Princess Buttercup

December 2, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I have a black silicone pole for my x-stage lite. Veena is right, you cant do static spins on it. It is best for learning new holds. I had been trying for Ayesha for a while and got on a silicone pole and just did it no problem. I use it for photo shoots too, since you need to hold a pose for a long time. I wouldn’t get it unless you already have an x-stage or something you can change out. I have a chrome for my x-stage as well which is more practical for all around use. I like the idea of the pole sleeve, but the cost for the extra pole was almost the same. Plus side is it takes seconds to switch the poles out on the x-stage! Hope this helps!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 2, 2014 at 3:50 pm

That’s great to here you like the silicone thanks for letting us know! Do you have slipping problems if it gets wet?

• Princess Buttercup

December 2, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I use water to clean it because it collects dust like mad, but that is the only time I have had water on it. A good wipe down seems to resolve any issues, but it isnt terribly humid where we are. Not much help on that subject unfortunately.

• Wcox

December 2, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for the response. I just oordered my silicone pole 🙂 I’m super excited! I am sure I will want to change them out time to time.

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

December 2, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Curious to hear how you like it. I’m super interested in one. I had a pole sleeve and hated it, but I love the idea. There’s a studio about an hour from here that has one. I need to just take a class to try in out.

• Wcox

December 29, 2014 at 8:50 am

Princess buttercup, or anyone who has used a silicone pole/sleeve – did you find certain clothes were most effective when using?

I have received my silicone xpole and love it so far. I never really used spin mode before so I have been doing some light training on spin but it is amazing when it comes to strength training and far less pole kisses! 🙂

Page 1 of 3