Workout accountability Thread

Veena
Join me! Check-in each time you workout! This of course includes pole practice, strength training, yoga, hula hooping, swimming. Whatever your workout was that day!

You can share what you did, post a photo, video or just type DONE!

Having a thread like this can help us stay connected and motivated. I'm planning on sharing a bit about my mood and what I worked on as well.

Example: My workout from yesterday: I decided I wanted to set up a 45mm pole because I only have a 38 and 40 up right now and some tricks are better on different diameters. Well, this took me an hour and a half!! I had to dig through all my poles and when I thought I had one, then I realized it was too short! Grrrr I finally got my old TG set up and was sweaty, annoyed, yet ready to workout.

I did some pole rows, and pole triceps pushes as a quick warm up. I developed and filmed a new combo lesson, then finished my trick practice. I worked on Shoulder mount side stall to gemini flip. Elbowstand TG cartwheel, and a killer "planche" style hold on the pole. Managed sloppy successes on all! lol
Feb 13, 2020
Veena
No workouts for me so far. I'm in ND with family. Hope to get back to it Monday!
Feb 16, 2020
Pretty Pixie
had a lot of tragedy befall my family in 2019 that sent me into a depressed state of mind for many months. I was only able to pole once, maybe twice, a month on average the entire year. I wish I was one of those types who can “dance away the sadness” but I’m not. I eventually chose to pull myself up and get back to my life. I actually made a “resolution”. And so I’ve started taking a pole class once a week and doing at least one home workout a week, mostly pole conditioning so far. My callouses are gone and my skin feels virgin again but otherwise it’s going surprisingly well. Eventually I hope to get back to 3 workouts a week, which is where I feel the best.
Feb 16, 2020
Veena
Hugs to you Pretty Pixie
Feb 16, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
Such a great idea! Veena - I'm curious what shoulder mount side stall and gemini flip are, now!

Pretty Pixie - so sorry to hear about your tragedy. It's hard to feel motivated when you're in that depressed state of mind. Sending you good vibes! I'm glad to see you're getting back at it. You will have your callouses back in no time.

Today I warmed up on my elliptical for 30 mins and did some back stretching/strengthening...which I desperately need. The run felt AMAZING. The back stretching... actually pretty awesome and productive for a change. I feel really motivated, which is great because I've been feeling very lazy/depressed/demotivated, especially when it comes to my flexibility. I feel like I'm always training flexibility and my flexibility just...really sucks! (Ps. I know this isn't true, it's just me being impatient and petulant). Today I bounced back and was excited about my plan to improve, especially after learning I've been doing a few exercises wrong, hence the discouraging lack of improvement in a few areas.

Tonight I am still full of energy so I plan to do one of the flow routines on here and a few more stretches before bed.
Feb 17, 2020
Veena
Back home from ND and managed a quick workout this morning! I did some shoulder conditioning and little bit of legs and core.

Feb 18, 2020
Nat
Greatl thread. So yesterday I did 30 minutes kickboxing style cardio (found on you tube) and then I did kettlebell workout, followed by little handspring try since my shoulders were warm and activated. I am pleased to report that I managed to get one full handspring, not pretty but still. Considering that I keep losing it now and then I am happy with it. Tonight is aerial hoop class ☺
Feb 18, 2020
Karen DJ Paid Member
So Sunday I went to a trampoline/obstacle course park with some friends and their daughter... after my weekly zumba and bellydance choero class. It was exhausting but I kept up, especially for someone turning 35 next month. I was achy yesterday, so I did about 55 minutes of walking on the treadmill, a 20 minute yoga session and Day 4 of 30 Days to Flexy. I did alright. Today the achiness is a little better. 52 minutes on the treadmill, Flexy Day 5 with the Lower Body work, most of it!
Feb 18, 2020
nyxed Previous Paid Member
Today I did Veena's hard core warm up, some pull-up prep exercises, some planks and booty lifts, and then attempted some terrible headstands, thigh rest, and stargazer, and then made myself feel better with some climb to sit, which is basically the only thing I'm good at XD
Feb 19, 2020
Veena
Yay Nat, DJ Karen and Nyxed! Here's the combo Strangefox was curious about! [www.studioveena.com]
Feb 19, 2020
Veena
Got a short workout in. Did some push ups, pull ups and abs. Then I filmed a beginner routine. I worry I'm getting sick though...not feeling 💯
Feb 20, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
Thanks for posting the video, Veena! Love that combo. Hope you're feeling better soon!

The last couple of days I did cardio on my elliptical (it's too icy to run outside), worked on jade and floor jade, machine gun and over the shoulder split. I also worked on splits and back bands.

Tonight it's back to cardio and working on splits. I'm going to have to squeeze that in after cooking, though. I'm trying to eat healthier to help with my training. :)
Feb 20, 2020
Veena
Got a nice hike in today. Had my in-laws in town all weekend and now my sister and her husband will be staying with us for a week!

Anyone else getting workouts in?
Feb 24, 2020
Oh I forgot about this thread, derp. I did another workout on Friday: Sexy Legs & Abs, pull-up conditioning, and some pole tricks. Yesterday I did flex training. Today my back hurts 😩
Feb 24, 2020
Today I went to my first lyra class! That was a helluva workout 😂
Feb 25, 2020
Veena
How fun Nyxed! I danced this morning...felt down so dancing to a few songs was all I could do.
Feb 25, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
This is a great idea!
Managed to squeeze in a short training session today and yesterday, half floor training (plank variations mostly) and half pole.
Still building up my strength postpartum and baby is 10 weeks old, so it's tricky to squeeze training in between nursing sessions. Currently working on climbing spinning freestyles and getting back to where I was polewise a year ago.
Feb 25, 2020
Nat
Friday was pole day, Saturday bodycombat, Sunday kettlebell and bodycombat. Today I am planning to do legs with kettlebell and barbell. If I have energy I will get some cardio done too 💪
Feb 25, 2020
mystical Paid Member
I did resistant band workout, some pole work. I haven't been on the pole for a couple months cause my pole was out of place and my niece moved my hex keys and finally told me where she put them, I had a couple teeth pulled on each side of my mouth a week ago, so finally felt up to exercise.
Feb 25, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
Last Friday was pole class and flexibility training (full body). Saturday was a rest day. Sunday was cardio, hip flexibility and back/shoulder flexibility. Monday was cardio and pike and straddle flexibility. I was not feeling myself on Monday and had trouble getting to sleep so I did a few jades for fun - I'm getting close to flat, which felt pretty good because I've been struggling lately with not seeing much flexibility progress. Even if a jade split is a cheat split it still made me feel good.

I'm off to freestyle, perhaps do some more cardio, and stretch my back and hip flexors!
Feb 26, 2020
Veena
I got a quick workout in yesterday but took today off 😊.

Yesterday's focus was handspring/cartwheel practice and working on new ways to teach bass monkey.
Feb 28, 2020
mystical Paid Member
Wednesday and yesterday I walked for an hour and a half, today I did some floor work. I will do some pole work a little later today.
Feb 28, 2020
Veena
Focused on chest and back today then did a tiny bit of pole dance exotic work.

I'm tired today...💤💤💤
Feb 29, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
Wednesday was Pike and straddle flexibility work, and a 5K run on the elliptical (it's snowy out here!). Thursday was pole conditioning and some very light maintenance stretching. Friday was my pole class and a heavy flex training day - I go to an amazing class that does full body stretching: all of the splits and back bends! I actually achieved my most comfortable front split ever on my good side. Tomorrow I'm going to an hour long kickboxing workout, which I'm super pumped about.

I started a new flexibility program recently, which is kicking my butt (but shockingly yielding results), so next week I might be all about recovery and focusing on some stuff I have to get done for work. Next week I've got a few things going on that are causing me a great deal of anxiety, so it's not the best time for a recovery week. It's gonna be rough. :(
Feb 29, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Squeezed in a pole session on Thursday, yesterday was a rest day with just 12km cycling.
Poled today as best I could, but my 2 year old daughter was trying to hog the pole and delegate me to the TRX. Surprisingly, when I said I wanted to film myself, she was ok with going back to her own toys.
Slowly building my strength back up again. I'm starting to be able to do a slow spinning invert, and I can do an invert from a climb again as well (only on my good side though). Working on making everything look pretty at the moment more than bagging tricks. Can manage 3-4minute freestyles too, so quite pleased with where things are going, considering I took a break from October to February.
Feb 29, 2020
I did some stuff on Tuesday but I've been slacking the rest of the week >_> I've been trying to figure out how to best structure my home routine but I'm overthinking it as usual 😂 Thinking of trying the invert program here but need to keep up my flex training as well!
Mar 1, 2020
Veena
Today I went for a 4 1/2 mile hike with a 1000 ft elevation increase. ⛰️🥾
Mar 1, 2020
Veena
How's everyone doing? I recorded an new beginner routine then did a few dances. I'm tired 😴
Mar 6, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
I've been doing light exercise only (short, light elliptical training, gentle stretching) this week. It is what my body is telling me it needs at the moment and as of today I'm feeling restless and jittery. I have pole and stretching tomorrow, and I'm soooo ready to get back to it! This rest week is killing me but I had a lot of work things to attend to and a few of my joints were hyper-extending (OUCH!) during stretching and exercise, which is usually a signal for me to slow down for a bit.

This week has been stressful and I haven't had any of my usual outlets to help me cope so it has been rough, but it's almost over. I'm feeling a lot of guilt over taking this time, even though I knew I needed it both for my physical recovery and to take care of work. It's only a few days - not even a full week - and already I'm worried I've regressed like crazy. I know that's silly and I'll be better off for having taken the break but I can't help feeling bad...lol!
Mar 6, 2020
I've had the flu, even though I got my flu shot 😭😭😭 I signed up for a new class that starts next Tuesday, so here's hoping I'm better by then...
Mar 6, 2020
Veena
Nyxed that sucks, hope you feel 💯 soon!!!

Strangefox, I totally get that feeling, it will be ok though.

I'm traveling again, but brought some resistance bands withs me....we'll see if I use them 😂 I bring them with good intentions and rarely do.
Mar 7, 2020
mystical Paid Member
I did a lot of walking, I did some pole work 2 out of 5 days this week, I'm relaxing today and Sunday cause I feel drained. next week I'm wanting to do pole 3 times a week and do some conditioning and cardio to.
Mar 7, 2020
Veena
Went for a nice hike today!
Mar 9, 2020
Ashi Paid Member
I got back to the studio today after nearly three weeks off (moving apartments + being sick for a week killed my free time/energy)! It was a struggle and I didn't nail anything, but at least I went! Hoping to re-establish the habit now that things are less hectic (although with covid-19, we'll see what happens)
Mar 10, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
This week has been rough on me (preparing to leave my job and start a new one) and I've had very little time for myself. BUT I have still gotten to stretch my whole body every day. It hasn't been the deep, flex training I crave, but at least it's something. I even got to pole train a couple of the days, although I only got to spend a bit of time trick training. Tonight I'm stretching my upper back and shoulders and dancing. I NEED it. On the plus side, the slow days have helped me heal up a nagging minor injury to my elbow, so that's good!

I've also been feeling bummed out and burned out, so I think the distance from pole was good for me. My inclination at these times is to train more, but sometimes a little break is what I really need.
Mar 12, 2020
Veena
Ashi I hope you stay healthy and can find the time! Strangefox, I think time off can help. Absents makes the heart grow fonder.

I haven't had a good workout for over a week now. I was doing so well....oh life how you get in the way of my goals!!
Mar 12, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Got back yesterday from staying with my parents for a week. Managed one outdoor workout session while I was there doing body weight training.

Today was my first pole session since Wednesday last week. My two year old daughter was home, as she didn't want to go to nursery today after being off for a week, so today's session got cut short when she started stepping over her baby brother. Will try to post a video later from today's session!
Mar 13, 2020
Finally maybe getting into the swing of things again after being sick, ugh. I went to a class on Tuesday but I don't think I'll be going back again because now my family is in self-quarantine. =/ But yesterday I did do a bunch of conditioning and some practicing tricks at home.
Mar 13, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
I've been keeping good on my promise to myself to stretch my back and shoulders more often. Friday was a weird day and we cancelled our pole class. I didn't get to go to my other Friday class because I was talking to a family member who was a bit worried about the pandemic.

I've been going for runs on my elliptical, stretching, and dancing - lots of low flow and spin. :) We're all being advised to practice social distancing as much as possible where I am, and there seems to be a global TP panic (of all things). I'm just now realizing that social distancing is actually my normal.

The awesome ladies at my pole studio have created group chats and Skypes to keep everyone's spirits up and motivate each other. Although the panic buying and selfishness is getting to me, it's nice to see some compassion rising out of the ashes. For example - FREE VEENA LESSONS! (Thank you, Veena and Webby!)
Mar 15, 2020
Veena
Awesome guys! Keep it up!

Yes, the panic buying is really stressful to me. We had been out of town and when I go home I needed food! That was not fun.

Just finished a quick Yoga session. Haven't had time for anything lately.
Mar 15, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Yesterday a 7 mile bike ride, today pole. I really wanted to film a good freestyle today, one without my 2 year old daughter running in and out of the camera, which took aaagggeees to achieve. Frustrating.
Schools and nurseries have closed until after the Easter holidays in our area, so I wonder how much training I will get done in that time juggling both children. On the other hand I will be less busy (I work as a fitness instructor part-time) due to all the leisure restrictions being brought in over here.
Mar 17, 2020
mystical Paid Member
I haven't really done anything in a week, Found out last week my dad has lung cancer (he is 71) he has to have a biopsy done and go from there.
Today i did day 1 of the invert program.
Mar 17, 2020
Veena
I'm sorry to hear about your dad! Hugs to you...💜

I worked out yesterday, did some upper body strength training and little pole...but not today.
Mar 18, 2020
monica kay
Done!
Mar 18, 2020
Veena
Did a new routine for this week, that was my workout.
Mar 19, 2020
mystical Paid Member
Thank you Veena, Day 3 of invert program done
Mar 19, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Conditioning this morning in an online fitness class for pregnant ladies I gave. Usually I do courses outside but...corona has closed everything.

Then after lunch pole. I feel like I'm getting worse on my stamina for freestyles. Last week I felt like I was doing so well, 3-4 minute freestyles with an aerial invert and spinning, and pretty climbs, the last few sessions seem to have been not so good. Luckily husband is home at the weekend so he can look after the children and I can finally pole on my own.

My plan for the next few sessions is to work on new transitions, plan some choreos. I end up doing the same moves over and over, same transitions. So time to look through the lessons and plan my sessions and set some targets.
Mar 20, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
We're in lock down/quarantine for the forseeable future and despite all the madness going on in the world I'm finding it so relaxing. It's a great time for me to "recharge my batteries." I've been stretching my entire body a little every night, going on runs on my elliptical, and I'm pleasantly surprised that pole moves that are usually painful are no problem now. I've done a bit of allegra and jallegra practice this week - trying to get both flat! I've done a lot of spin pole and with all of this extra time I'm looking to plan a few choreos and work on my dancing skills.
Mar 21, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Today was a rest day,but poled yesterday and it went quite well. I did a couple of freestyles on static, which I haven't done for years! Tried out Dragon's tail, the legs aren't pretty but I can get into the move, so I'm pleased with that.
I realised today that I trained everyday this week except Monday. It's strange training with small children, you think you have to exploit every free moment because you never know when you'll get another chance.
Mar 22, 2020
Veena
Managed a workout yesterday, nothing today. We've been in "shelter in home" for a week now. I don't get as much done when everyone is home with me. lol
Mar 23, 2020
mystical Paid Member
Today i relaxed, tomorrow im going to do day 5 of the invert program, I might start it over and be more consistent with it, Im trying to be consistent especially with the kids being home, yesterday i did do some conditioning exercises.
Mar 23, 2020
Karen DJ Paid Member
Hi! I'm back. I took a few week hiatus. Besides quarantine, I had some pretty jarring life events, a break off keto diet for my birthday, which made me feel super bloated and lethargic, and a lower body infection that gave me all sorts of pain from my hips to my heels. I'm almost all better now. I'm back on diet, my digestion is all set straight again, and the pain is just about gone. Today I'm going to get 5k steps, (I've been averaging 2k, down from a daily 10k because walking hurt), going to do an upper body workout, and do some hip stretches because my flexors are so stiff now. I'd like to restart the 30 Day Flexy program, again, but we'll see. I want to check out the free lessons because when they were released, I took one look, said "ow" and had to sadly put it aside. Now, not the case! It feels good to be back!
Mar 23, 2020
Veena
Glad your back Karen!

I finally did a workout today, short and sweet. I really haven't been in the mood to exercise. Then I did a quick video to answer a question about Gemini to Crucifix and posted to IG.

I've been occupying myself with video creating, organizing and uploading new lessons and learning photoshop. I made a silly video about Pole Dance and the Corona virus if any of you are interested. [www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Mar 26, 2020
mystical Paid Member
My shoulder been sore for a few days so i been relaxing, Today i did floor work, Push grip practice for the first time standing up, and elbow stand practice.
Mar 26, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Pole training today. My two year old was asleep for most of it, so I could wear heels without someone else wanting to wear heels too- yay! Freestyles went well actually. My Jade is looking quite good atm actually and I'm improving on spins, so pleased.
Mar 27, 2020
Veena
I did another workout today!!!! Very happy about that.

Amelia2000 I thought your freestyle video was lovey. You move so easily from move to move.
Mar 31, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Thanks Veena :)

So we're moving house soon and we spent the weekend sorting it, the garden, renovating the wardrobe. It was FANTASTIC weather on Saturday so we'd taken my A frame and lyra....but the top bar had twisted round inside and we hadn't got our pliers...so no lyra on saturday. Sunday it was raining so although we'd taken pliers it was bad weather and I hate doing lyra with a low (2.68m) ceiling. BUT we'd taken my Xpert so on Sunday I wanted to put that up. Turned out my husband had packed the top pole of my xstage in with the xpert and so we didn't have enough extensions... Then yesterday we were sorting the house too but it was FREEZING so didn't try putting up the A frame and even started to snow (didn't stick though).

But husband was working today so was home today so got to pole again, yay! Worked on getting up off the floor and tried a floor invert from kneeling which was interesting. When I'm strong enough again for a Gemini climb that will be good.

My 2 year old has also progressed from pole walks to spins. She also puts on a bikini top to pole as well now XD
Mar 31, 2020
Veena
Oh it's always so crazy to move and then hope you have what you want to set up a pole or whatever!

I miss having my little guys wanna do pole with me (sometimes) Now I have them hold the camera from time to time or assist with a cameo like in my last silly video. CJ and I had fun with that.
Mar 31, 2020
mystical Paid Member
The past few days i been doing conditioning for pole and practicing some of the new lessons on here, I have done a few exercises when jeni janover does her live stream on IG. I am going to be paying for the lessons on here in a few days.
Mar 31, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Pole session between packing for the move today. Did conditioning on the pole, lots of fan kicks, pole pull ups on and off pole, practised some left handed spins.

@Veena, I will probably miss her poling with me when she's older and too cool for her mum but at the moment it can be frustrating (particularly as she ignores the pole until I want to train) as she can be quite bossy XD
Apr 1, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
I've started Veena's Caterpillar 30 days series. My Caterpillar sucks. This should help it.
Apr 1, 2020
Veena
I filmed new lessons for 2 hours yesterday, today I REST!
Apr 2, 2020
mystical Paid Member
I have been practicing floor work, pole flow. My body is a little sore so im going to do some foot and wrist exercises today and tomorrow.
Apr 3, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Despite the pandemic and despite Chicago under a shelter-in-place order, I'm happy. My husband and I make sure we support our local restaurant with take-out orders. When I have to go out, I make sure I wear gloves, use hand sanitizer and wipe everything down. ~~~ My left shoulder is slightly sore, but that's getting better. I exercise five days a week with two days off. I'm currently doing Veena's Caterpillar program along with other workouts and cardio. 🙂
Apr 5, 2020
intrinsicvalue Paid Member
I am very much a beginner and am just getting used to pole. I spent some time yesterday doing the warmup, and then practicing a few easy pole spins (attitude and back hook) over and over until I developed some body memory, then did one of the stretch sessions. I am sore today so I'm going to have a very easy spin on my bike. Tomrrow I want to work on fan leg into a pole sit.

Thank you Veena for continuing to update all of this amazing content!! So glad to have found you and joined you.
Apr 5, 2020
Veena
UGH, I've not been feeling well for the last 3 days. It's nothing horrible but I'm super tired, shaky and weak. Maybe I've got the Rona but IDK. I did manage to do a Live lesson this morning but now I'm beat. I haven't done anything more than walk the dogs for 6 days.

How's everyone else doing?
Apr 8, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Yikes, Veena! Are you sure you're okay? We're all worried about this damn pandemic going around.
Apr 8, 2020
mystical Paid Member
hope you feel better soon.
Apr 8, 2020
Ashi Paid Member
Hopefully it's just a minor cold, and you get over it soon Veena!
Apr 8, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Veena, you may just have the flu. The flu is going around too. Please keep us posted, and get better soon!
Apr 8, 2020
Veena
Thanks guys 🥰. I don't think it's even the flu....there's some personal stress going on so it's probably just that. I'm feeling much better today. Hoping to film more lesson tomorrow!!!!
Apr 10, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Hope you feel better soon Veena!

We've moved into our house, yeah, but no internet there yet, so here's my summary for the week:
Monday quick pole session in the flat on my xstage
Tuesday moving and unpacking
Wednesday- first time on the a frame and lyra since September (the ceilings are too low inside I feel) since before baby #2 was born. Lots of fun BUT i got blisters which popped as my hands aren't conditioned...I'll post a video when our internet is sorted.

So when we set up the xpert yesterday at the house my hands were too sore with the popped blisters to do anything on it (and the spin isn't right either, it spins too slowly, it must be overtightened. Also we've never set it up without the mount, so the dome might not be right either)
Apr 10, 2020
Veena
Did anyone get a workout in lately? 💪💪

I've been filming so my hands and skin are screaming by the time I'm done. I count that as a workout!
Apr 16, 2020
mystical Paid Member
I am doing the 30 day take off, tomorrow is day 5 and i am going to do some yoga to.
Apr 16, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Pole has been frustrating the last week in the new house, as my xpert doesn't seem to spin right and seems to slip... need to get my husband to attach the ceiling mount... Coupled with my daughter getting used to the new house she disturbs my pole sessions too, deciding it's time to stretch and getting in the way :( and as the b pole has hardly been used I feel I don't stick too well to it...

But got on the lyra in the garden yesterday XD
Apr 16, 2020
StrangeFox Paid Member
Every morning I go for a run on my elliptical and do a nice full body stretch. I've been poling quite a bit and because the days all blend together I have to be careful I don't forget rest days - lol! I've been doing some conditioning and working on my handstands, too. I'm loving the extra time!
Apr 17, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Repeating the Flexibility training (started with Day 14 as advised) and doing the Caterpillar training. Adding Bowflex (Cardio) and additional strength training when needed.
Apr 17, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Veena really kicked my butt today with this Caterpillar training. I did Day 12 earlier today, and I'm still tired! That said, if you do all the reps, it's a great workout!
Apr 18, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Saturday on the lyra in the garden in the sun, today pole inside. Tried out Veena's entry into an Allegra from a jade, worked out well and tried out some floor work inspired by that lunge video in the other discussion thread.
Tomorrow we're putting up the ceiling mount, so excited about that!
Apr 19, 2020
Veena
I'm still filming about 3 times a week so that's been my workout. 💪
Apr 23, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Getting my Gemini climb again! Yay!
Apr 24, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Continuing to work with Veena's Flexy as well as the Caterpillar series. I'm very close to getting my front splits. Still need lots of work on the Caterpillar.
Apr 24, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Rest day today but before that two days on lyra. Noticed I'm very close to a nice front split, I'm not doing much training for it, just a couple of stretches each time, but am still proud :)
Apr 28, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
Still working on Caterpillar and Flexy programs.
Apr 28, 2020
mystical Paid Member
I tried to do a choreography yesterday with body waves, Lay back, and climb. I practiced for an hour. Im going to keep practicing choreo/flow where i can get better at it. I am still doing the 30 day take off.
Apr 30, 2020
Neesy118 Paid Member
Day 5 of the Invert Program. I have a love/hate relationship with back mobility
May 1, 2020
Veena
I've not worked out for a month. 😭 Just filming, I think I might go do some light pole dance right now.
May 1, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Rest days Tuesday and wednesday as we had men doing work on the house. They were still there yesterday BUT husband was home too so squeezed in a mini pole session and managed to do a no-handed Cupid for the first time ever! So pleased!
Literally been trying it since the first time I could do a side climb six years ago (Ok I had a pole break and focussed on lyra from 2016-2017 but it still feels like forever). It was always the footgrip that never really clicked.
May 1, 2020
Neesy118 Paid Member
Veena, if I was filming tutorials, I'd consider that my workout!!!!!!!
May 1, 2020
Veena
Amelelia, that's awesome!!!!

Neesy, it totally wears me out and hurts my skin the most...but it's not the same a actual training. I did dance last night tho and it was great!!!
May 1, 2020
WitchyWitch Paid Member
Hi first time here and I’m so grateful for this website and this thread. I am passing through some depression and after being fat shamed decided to workout again and create a routine. This thread is motivating me.

Keep it up everyone!

I started this month by doing 30 minutes cardio on treadmill, from which 12 min were running. Tomorrow is pole day and I can’t wait to report back.

Thanks Veena and everybody!
May 1, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Rest days at the weekend as busy.
I wanted to focus on pretty supermaan exits, as I always just lower to floor. Anyway, while playing around trying invert out, I suddenly found myself in a Titanic and managed to let go of the hands! So proud. I've wanted to crack Titanic ever since I got the Superman.
After a bit more experimenting I was pleased with a Superman into a Flatline Scorpio, not perfect, but the basics are there.
I was glad at least my pole session was good as it's raining all day and I've generally been in a bad mood all day.

Hope you all are making progress too :)
May 11, 2020
Veena
Did a workout this morning...felt tired and weak as I've not done anything all last week and only did filming the last few weeks now. Made some headway with editing and voice overs so I think I should be able to do real workouts this week.

Amelia That's awesome about the Titanic!
May 11, 2020
ifigeniasusana9866 Paid Member
End 30 to take off! Definitely have a more solid foundation. I’m not quite where I was a few years ago but it’s ok. Also I have gained more weight and still managing. I can’t upload video on post so will put today’s and one from years ago.
May 22, 2020
Veena
Congrats on finishing!! You can always post a link in a discussion if you like.
May 22, 2020
ifigeniasusana9866 Paid Member
I am on day 4 of flow but I can barely do the moves. Should I continue or maybe switch to another program?
May 26, 2020
Veena
Have you completed the 30 day take off? If so, yes, keep going...the moves in the flow program don't get progressively harder. We just run through them over and over. You can always swap out anything you can't do with something you feel more comfortable with. Just make a note of the swap so you don't forget on the days I have you do that move/combo.
May 26, 2020
Veena
Sorry was replying from my phone...I see you have done the 30 day...so yes, keep going 😊
May 26, 2020
Phoenix fire bird Paid Member
Cool idea! So I have been doing hula hoop today, I can’t wait hoop but I can do it on my hand and even my knees but my waist...it’s not happening...yet! I’m ordering my x-stage life at the end of June so hoping to have mastered waist hooping by then. I also practiced throwing and catching the hoop, I was going to do legs strength and conditioning and foot flexibility tomorrow but just trod on a broken toy car at the bottom of the stairs and sliced my toe open quite deep so it’s hand strength and conditioning for me now...not to self...encourage little snuggle to put ALL toys away😂 I hope you all had a great workout today and that tomorrow is even better xxx
May 30, 2020
Veena
Ouch Phonenix, how that toe heals quick!

I'm looking forward to a possible stretching session tonight, it's been a LOOOOONG time since I've shut the door, lowered the lights and stretched.
May 31, 2020
Oh gosh yes that sounds great! Get that stretching vibe going! It feels so good doesn’t it! I am down to 138 degrees on my true front split now...still a long way to go but it feels so good! I hope you have an amazing stretching session! Hehe yes it wasn’t much fun and a few choice words left my mouth as I hopped across the living room:’D Xxx
Jun 1, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
First pole session today after about 2 weeks. I'd had to take the pole out of the living room as work was being done and all over normal rooms were too cluttered and it didn't fit in the basement...so good to get back up!

@Phoenix fire bird that sounds nasty!
Jun 1, 2020
So great you got your pole back up! Hooray! I hope you had fun! I tried hooping again today, just can’t seem to progress on my waist hooping! Yes it wasn’t much fun, it wouldn’t have been so bad had it still got the wheels on it but as it happens those axels are rather sharp under little piggies! Hopefully ordering my pole this month! Eeeeeak! Excited squeak! Then I can join you lot in having poke fun! Xxx
Jun 1, 2020
Colleen Paid Member
I’m back to practicing my front splits! As I had said in another thread, I was experiencing pain on the bottom of my right butt. So I had to take some time off from front splits practice. But now I’m back, and I’m back to where I was when I had to stop for a bit! 🙂
Jun 8, 2020
Veena
That's great news!
Jun 8, 2020
Everyone is doing some wonderful things! Today I have done the hand, wrist and forearm strength and conditioning routine and also done a belly dance session to help engage my core and help work towards getting my pole xxx
Jun 10, 2020
Veena
I've not had time to pole but I've do a little roller skating and yesterday my husband and I put a new exhaust on my motorcycle so that was a workout!
Jun 10, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
Outdoor pole sessions today and yesterday- such fun being able to fully extend legs and not have to worry about the ceiling! I felt like I could spin for longer, my endurance was better... Lots of fun!
But as I didn't want to embarass myself in front of the neighbours, I wasn't able to practise new tricks XD
Jun 10, 2020
Veena
I FINALLY took down my studio set up and had a proper workout and small bit of pole today.
Jun 16, 2020
amelia2000 Paid Member
We've had warm weather- yay for going swimming, disappointing pole week though getting too sweaty for freestyles. I've been working on freestlyes mostly, so it's annoying to stop a video after barely a minute!
Also been practising superman exits, brass monkey (I can get into it but the entry is so sloppy) and maintaining spin on several inverted moves in a row.
Jun 19, 2020
Veena
I danced today 😁😁😁
Jun 19, 2020

TropicalVertical
The rotator cuff stuff is exactly what my chiro told me to do: he is going to be so happy I'm looking after my shoulders and building strength safely on both sides :)
more testimonials