StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Workout accountability Thread

• Workout accountability Thread

Posted by Veena on February 13, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Join me! Check-in each time you workout! This of course includes pole practice, strength training, yoga, hula hooping, swimming. Whatever your workout was that day!

You can share what you did, post a photo, video or just type DONE!

Having a thread like this can help us stay connected and motivated. I’m planning on sharing a bit about my mood and what I worked on as well.

Example: My workout from yesterday: I decided I wanted to set up a 45mm pole because I only have a 38 and 40 up right now and some tricks are better on different diameters. Well, this took me an hour and a half!! I had to dig through all my poles and when I thought I had one, then I realized it was too short! Grrrr I finally got my old TG set up and was sweaty, annoyed, yet ready to workout.

I did some pole rows, and pole triceps pushes as a quick warm up. I developed and filmed a new combo lesson, then finished my trick practice. I worked on Shoulder mount side stall to gemini flip. Elbowstand TG cartwheel, and a killer “planche” style hold on the pole. Managed sloppy successes on all! lol

Veena replied 3 years, 9 months ago 16 Members · 110 Replies
  • 110 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 16, 2020 at 3:18 am

No workouts for me so far. I’m in ND with family. Hope to get back to it Monday!

• Pretty Pixie

February 16, 2020 at 3:51 pm

had a lot of tragedy befall my family in 2019 that sent me into a depressed state of mind for many months. I was only able to pole once, maybe twice, a month on average the entire year. I wish I was one of those types who can “dance away the sadness” but I’m not. I eventually chose to pull myself up and get back to my life. I actually made a “resolution”. And so I’ve started taking a pole class once a week and doing at least one home workout a week, mostly pole conditioning so far. My callouses are gone and my skin feels virgin again but otherwise it’s going surprisingly well. Eventually I hope to get back to 3 workouts a week, which is where I feel the best.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 16, 2020 at 11:07 pm

Hugs to you Pretty Pixie

• StrangeFox

February 17, 2020 at 1:06 am

Such a great idea! Veena – I’m curious what shoulder mount side stall and gemini flip are, now!

Pretty Pixie – so sorry to hear about your tragedy. It’s hard to feel motivated when you’re in that depressed state of mind. Sending you good vibes! I’m glad to see you’re getting back at it. You will have your callouses back in no time.

Today I warmed up on my elliptical for 30 mins and did some back stretching/strengthening…which I desperately need. The run felt AMAZING. The back stretching… actually pretty awesome and productive for a change. I feel really motivated, which is great because I’ve been feeling very lazy/depressed/demotivated, especially when it comes to my flexibility. I feel like I’m always training flexibility and my flexibility just…really sucks! (Ps. I know this isn’t true, it’s just me being impatient and petulant). Today I bounced back and was excited about my plan to improve, especially after learning I’ve been doing a few exercises wrong, hence the discouraging lack of improvement in a few areas.

Tonight I am still full of energy so I plan to do one of the flow routines on here and a few more stretches before bed.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 18, 2020 at 2:47 am

Back home from ND and managed a quick workout this morning! I did some shoulder conditioning and little bit of legs and core.

• Nat

February 18, 2020 at 6:18 am

Greatl thread. So yesterday I did 30 minutes kickboxing style cardio (found on you tube) and then I did kettlebell workout, followed by little handspring try since my shoulders were warm and activated. I am pleased to report that I managed to get one full handspring, not pretty but still. Considering that I keep losing it now and then I am happy with it. Tonight is aerial hoop class ☺

• Karen DJ

February 18, 2020 at 5:04 pm

So Sunday I went to a trampoline/obstacle course park with some friends and their daughter… after my weekly zumba and bellydance choero class. It was exhausting but I kept up, especially for someone turning 35 next month. I was achy yesterday, so I did about 55 minutes of walking on the treadmill, a 20 minute yoga session and Day 4 of 30 Days to Flexy. I did alright. Today the achiness is a little better. 52 minutes on the treadmill, Flexy Day 5 with the Lower Body work, most of it!

• nyxed

February 19, 2020 at 1:11 am

Today I did Veena’s hard core warm up, some pull-up prep exercises, some planks and booty lifts, and then attempted some terrible headstands, thigh rest, and stargazer, and then made myself feel better with some climb to sit, which is basically the only thing I’m good at XD

• Veena

Administrator
    February 19, 2020 at 5:32 am

Yay Nat, DJ Karen and Nyxed! Here’s the combo Strangefox was curious about! https://www.studioveena.com/videos/view/5e4cc61c-9fb8-4205-8af5-3d1bac110005

• Veena

Administrator
    February 20, 2020 at 12:07 am

Got a short workout in. Did some push ups, pull ups and abs. Then I filmed a beginner routine. I worry I’m getting sick though…not feeling 💯

• StrangeFox

February 20, 2020 at 12:18 am

Thanks for posting the video, Veena! Love that combo. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

The last couple of days I did cardio on my elliptical (it’s too icy to run outside), worked on jade and floor jade, machine gun and over the shoulder split. I also worked on splits and back bands.

Tonight it’s back to cardio and working on splits. I’m going to have to squeeze that in after cooking, though. I’m trying to eat healthier to help with my training. 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    February 24, 2020 at 2:16 am

Got a nice hike in today. Had my in-laws in town all weekend and now my sister and her husband will be staying with us for a week!

Anyone else getting workouts in?

• nyxed

February 24, 2020 at 2:21 am

Oh I forgot about this thread, derp. I did another workout on Friday: Sexy Legs & Abs, pull-up conditioning, and some pole tricks. Yesterday I did flex training. Today my back hurts 😩

• nyxed

February 25, 2020 at 2:36 am

Today I went to my first lyra class! That was a helluva workout 😂

• Veena

Administrator
    February 25, 2020 at 3:22 am

How fun Nyxed! I danced this morning…felt down so dancing to a few songs was all I could do.

Page 1 of 8