StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Workout accountability Thread

• amelia2000

February 25, 2020 at 12:14 pm

This is a great idea!
    Managed to squeeze in a short training session today and yesterday, half floor training (plank variations mostly) and half pole.
    Still building up my strength postpartum and baby is 10 weeks old, so it’s tricky to squeeze training in between nursing sessions. Currently working on climbing spinning freestyles and getting back to where I was polewise a year ago.

• Nat

February 25, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Friday was pole day, Saturday bodycombat, Sunday kettlebell and bodycombat. Today I am planning to do legs with kettlebell and barbell. If I have energy I will get some cardio done too 💪

• mystical

February 25, 2020 at 4:56 pm

I did resistant band workout, some pole work. I haven’t been on the pole for a couple months cause my pole was out of place and my niece moved my hex keys and finally told me where she put them, I had a couple teeth pulled on each side of my mouth a week ago, so finally felt up to exercise.

• StrangeFox

February 26, 2020 at 1:38 am

Last Friday was pole class and flexibility training (full body). Saturday was a rest day. Sunday was cardio, hip flexibility and back/shoulder flexibility. Monday was cardio and pike and straddle flexibility. I was not feeling myself on Monday and had trouble getting to sleep so I did a few jades for fun – I’m getting close to flat, which felt pretty good because I’ve been struggling lately with not seeing much flexibility progress. Even if a jade split is a cheat split it still made me feel good.

I’m off to freestyle, perhaps do some more cardio, and stretch my back and hip flexors!

• Veena

Administrator
    February 28, 2020 at 2:11 am

I got a quick workout in yesterday but took today off 😊.

Yesterday’s focus was handspring/cartwheel practice and working on new ways to teach bass monkey.

• mystical

February 28, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Wednesday and yesterday I walked for an hour and a half, today I did some floor work. I will do some pole work a little later today.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 29, 2020 at 1:36 am

Focused on chest and back today then did a tiny bit of pole dance exotic work.

I’m tired today…💤💤💤

• StrangeFox

February 29, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Wednesday was Pike and straddle flexibility work, and a 5K run on the elliptical (it’s snowy out here!). Thursday was pole conditioning and some very light maintenance stretching. Friday was my pole class and a heavy flex training day – I go to an amazing class that does full body stretching: all of the splits and back bends! I actually achieved my most comfortable front split ever on my good side. Tomorrow I’m going to an hour long kickboxing workout, which I’m super pumped about.

I started a new flexibility program recently, which is kicking my butt (but shockingly yielding results), so next week I might be all about recovery and focusing on some stuff I have to get done for work. Next week I’ve got a few things going on that are causing me a great deal of anxiety, so it’s not the best time for a recovery week. It’s gonna be rough. 🙁

• amelia2000

February 29, 2020 at 7:39 pm

Squeezed in a pole session on Thursday, yesterday was a rest day with just 12km cycling.
    Poled today as best I could, but my 2 year old daughter was trying to hog the pole and delegate me to the TRX. Surprisingly, when I said I wanted to film myself, she was ok with going back to her own toys.
    Slowly building my strength back up again. I’m starting to be able to do a slow spinning invert, and I can do an invert from a climb again as well (only on my good side though). Working on making everything look pretty at the moment more than bagging tricks. Can manage 3-4minute freestyles too, so quite pleased with where things are going, considering I took a break from October to February.

• nyxed

March 1, 2020 at 2:28 am

I did some stuff on Tuesday but I’ve been slacking the rest of the week >_> I’ve been trying to figure out how to best structure my home routine but I’m overthinking it as usual 😂 Thinking of trying the invert program here but need to keep up my flex training as well!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 1, 2020 at 4:35 am

Today I went for a 4 1/2 mile hike with a 1000 ft elevation increase. ⛰️🥾

• Veena

Administrator
    March 6, 2020 at 2:48 am

How’s everyone doing? I recorded an new beginner routine then did a few dances. I’m tired 😴

• StrangeFox

March 6, 2020 at 4:03 am

I’ve been doing light exercise only (short, light elliptical training, gentle stretching) this week. It is what my body is telling me it needs at the moment and as of today I’m feeling restless and jittery. I have pole and stretching tomorrow, and I’m soooo ready to get back to it! This rest week is killing me but I had a lot of work things to attend to and a few of my joints were hyper-extending (OUCH!) during stretching and exercise, which is usually a signal for me to slow down for a bit.

This week has been stressful and I haven’t had any of my usual outlets to help me cope so it has been rough, but it’s almost over. I’m feeling a lot of guilt over taking this time, even though I knew I needed it both for my physical recovery and to take care of work. It’s only a few days – not even a full week – and already I’m worried I’ve regressed like crazy. I know that’s silly and I’ll be better off for having taken the break but I can’t help feeling bad…lol!

• nyxed

March 6, 2020 at 5:02 am

I’ve had the flu, even though I got my flu shot 😭😭😭 I signed up for a new class that starts next Tuesday, so here’s hoping I’m better by then…

• Veena

Administrator
    March 7, 2020 at 1:11 am

Nyxed that sucks, hope you feel 💯 soon!!!

Strangefox, I totally get that feeling, it will be ok though.

I’m traveling again, but brought some resistance bands withs me….we’ll see if I use them 😂 I bring them with good intentions and rarely do.

Page 2 of 8