StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Workout accountability Thread

• mystical

March 7, 2020 at 7:14 pm

I did a lot of walking, I did some pole work 2 out of 5 days this week, I’m relaxing today and Sunday cause I feel drained. next week I’m wanting to do pole 3 times a week and do some conditioning and cardio to.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 9, 2020 at 2:40 am

Went for a nice hike today!

• Ashi

March 10, 2020 at 5:16 am

I got back to the studio today after nearly three weeks off (moving apartments + being sick for a week killed my free time/energy)! It was a struggle and I didn’t nail anything, but at least I went! Hoping to re-establish the habit now that things are less hectic (although with covid-19, we’ll see what happens)

• StrangeFox

March 12, 2020 at 12:43 am

This week has been rough on me (preparing to leave my job and start a new one) and I’ve had very little time for myself. BUT I have still gotten to stretch my whole body every day. It hasn’t been the deep, flex training I crave, but at least it’s something. I even got to pole train a couple of the days, although I only got to spend a bit of time trick training. Tonight I’m stretching my upper back and shoulders and dancing. I NEED it. On the plus side, the slow days have helped me heal up a nagging minor injury to my elbow, so that’s good!

I’ve also been feeling bummed out and burned out, so I think the distance from pole was good for me. My inclination at these times is to train more, but sometimes a little break is what I really need.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 12, 2020 at 2:34 am

Ashi I hope you stay healthy and can find the time! Strangefox, I think time off can help. Absents makes the heart grow fonder.

I haven’t had a good workout for over a week now. I was doing so well….oh life how you get in the way of my goals!!

• amelia2000

March 13, 2020 at 4:07 pm

Got back yesterday from staying with my parents for a week. Managed one outdoor workout session while I was there doing body weight training.

Today was my first pole session since Wednesday last week. My two year old daughter was home, as she didn’t want to go to nursery today after being off for a week, so today’s session got cut short when she started stepping over her baby brother. Will try to post a video later from today’s session!

• nyxed

March 13, 2020 at 4:23 pm

Finally maybe getting into the swing of things again after being sick, ugh. I went to a class on Tuesday but I don’t think I’ll be going back again because now my family is in self-quarantine. =/ But yesterday I did do a bunch of conditioning and some practicing tricks at home.

• StrangeFox

March 15, 2020 at 5:14 pm

I’ve been keeping good on my promise to myself to stretch my back and shoulders more often. Friday was a weird day and we cancelled our pole class. I didn’t get to go to my other Friday class because I was talking to a family member who was a bit worried about the pandemic.

I’ve been going for runs on my elliptical, stretching, and dancing – lots of low flow and spin. 🙂 We’re all being advised to practice social distancing as much as possible where I am, and there seems to be a global TP panic (of all things). I’m just now realizing that social distancing is actually my normal.

The awesome ladies at my pole studio have created group chats and Skypes to keep everyone’s spirits up and motivate each other. Although the panic buying and selfishness is getting to me, it’s nice to see some compassion rising out of the ashes. For example – FREE VEENA LESSONS! (Thank you, Veena and Webby!)

• Veena

Administrator
    March 15, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Awesome guys! Keep it up!

Yes, the panic buying is really stressful to me. We had been out of town and when I go home I needed food! That was not fun.

Just finished a quick Yoga session. Haven’t had time for anything lately.

• amelia2000

March 17, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Yesterday a 7 mile bike ride, today pole. I really wanted to film a good freestyle today, one without my 2 year old daughter running in and out of the camera, which took aaagggeees to achieve. Frustrating.
    Schools and nurseries have closed until after the Easter holidays in our area, so I wonder how much training I will get done in that time juggling both children. On the other hand I will be less busy (I work as a fitness instructor part-time) due to all the leisure restrictions being brought in over here.

• mystical

March 17, 2020 at 8:26 pm

I haven’t really done anything in a week, Found out last week my dad has lung cancer (he is 71) he has to have a biopsy done and go from there.
    Today i did day 1 of the invert program.

• Veena

Administrator
    March 18, 2020 at 3:17 am

I’m sorry to hear about your dad! Hugs to you…💜

I worked out yesterday, did some upper body strength training and little pole…but not today.

• monica kay

March 18, 2020 at 10:55 pm

Done!

• Veena

Administrator
    March 19, 2020 at 1:11 am

Did a new routine for this week, that was my workout.

• mystical

March 19, 2020 at 3:52 pm

Thank you Veena, Day 3 of invert program done

Page 3 of 8