StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions David Bowie Pole dance? Need musical opinions!

• David Bowie Pole dance? Need musical opinions!

Posted by moonflower on October 10, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Hey Ladies, I need to find a Bowie song/remix that I can pole to for a performance.  And while I love his music, I don't personally find his music very pole-able. Ideally, I was looking for a dubstep remix, but it seems like there's only one of youtube that is any good, but it's not for download.

So, I'm turning to the studio veena collective mind for ideas. Any suggestions ladies?

unicornpower replied 10 years, 6 months ago 12 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • monica kay

October 10, 2013 at 2:52 pm

that "let's dance" song is danceable…

http://youtu.be/N4d7Wp9kKjA

and you could wear red shoes 😀

• HilaryKate aka LolaSlaytor

October 10, 2013 at 3:55 pm

If you google "youtube to mp3 converter" you should get a few sites where you can copy and paste the youtube URL and it will convert it to a free mp3 download! That's pretty much how I get all my music now (unless it's someone that I really love or want to support, then I'll buy it)

• chemgoddess1

October 10, 2013 at 4:28 pm
  • chemgoddess1

October 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

There are also a ton of remixes on soundcloud if you search Bowie.

• SpyralBound

October 10, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Depends how you like to dance, I guess. I really like "Heroes," "Jean Genie," and his cover of "Across the Universe" for pole. "Rebel Rebel" would also be fun if you're doing a costume piece. 🙂 

My favorite, and now this is on my freestyle short list, is "As the World Falls Down" from the Labyrinth soundtrack. OMG I'm dying to dance to that now. And thinking I need a Labyrinth-themed Halloween costume. 

• SpyralBound

October 10, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Or hell, maybe I'll just be Bowie. 🙂 

• Phoenix Hunter

October 10, 2013 at 7:23 pm

David Bowie's "I'm Afraid of Americans" featuring Nine inch nails. Bad ass song! and yes, dress like David Bowie 🙂

• Runemist34

October 10, 2013 at 7:50 pm

If you dress like Bowie, you have to make sure to keep adding socks to the front of your pants.

That's what he did in Labyrinth, each scene he would add a sock. 😉

• SpyralBound

October 10, 2013 at 7:55 pm

The Jareth costume is of course spectacular but so many accessories (including socks!)! It'll probably end up being more than I'd want to spend on a one-time costume. I'm thinking I might channel Ziggy Stardust or Aladdin Sane instead – mullet hair, makeup and a crazy outfit from the thrift shop. I'm gonna pop some tags… 

• moonflower

October 10, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Wow! Great suggestions. I thin this might actually work.

• bugsy monroe

October 11, 2013 at 7:58 am

ahhh, i'm working on a routine to 'lady grinning soul' right now!  beautifully melodramatic…

labyrinth track's ace, or try 'hallo space boy' if you want something more aggressive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHSe4N1tRQU (various remixes available!)

x

• Lyme Lyte

October 13, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Doesn’t he sing, Rebel Yell, about wanting, more, more, more? That is a hot sex song!

• Lyme Lyte

October 13, 2013 at 1:08 pm

…nope, I think that was Billy Idol. 🙁

• CloSmo

October 14, 2013 at 12:43 am

Changes by David Bowie could work?

• villainvixen

October 14, 2013 at 11:55 pm

i find the live version of Rock N Roll Suicide danceable. 

Page 1 of 2