StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions x-pert x-pole installation question

• x-pert x-pole installation question

Posted by Cazzzz on September 27, 2015 at 12:17 pm

PROBLEM: My pole either seems too short or too long.

My ceiling-to-floor measurement is 9feet 3/8inch.

I have the appropriate x-pole extensions for both the 9feet ceiling and the 9ft 1inch+ ceiling height (as illustrated on the sheet of paper I got with the pole that shows which combination of extensions to apply for specific ceiling heights).

I’ve tried both combinations of extensions. The former doesn’t reach to the ceiling, even with the adjuster all the way expanded and the latter makes the pole too long, even with the adjuster fully contracted, to get the pole vertical.

This seems weird to me. Why won’t these extensions fit? I don’t understand what is going wrong and I wondered if anyone has heard of this problem and knows the solution. ???

Thank you, Wonderful World of Polers. 🙂

CAZ

Cazzzz replied 8 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • mystical

September 27, 2015 at 5:53 pm

What extensions do you have? What size are they?

• Cazzzz

September 27, 2015 at 7:28 pm

I have the 125mm, 250mm, and the 500mm extensions.

• mystical

September 27, 2015 at 7:55 pm

It seems with all of them it would be to tall, but if you contracted the adjuster all the way down, to me it seems it would work and the pole would slide into the spot. Is there a 100mm extension you could buy? You would think with the 500mm and the 250mm it would work since its just a 3/8 of an inch taller. I’ll think about it more and if I come up with anything I’ll let you know.

• I polekat I

September 28, 2015 at 10:10 am

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!
    i had this exact same problem, measured floor to ceiling, measured pole, thought yes this will fit fine, yet NOOPPPE the two did not ever match!!!! i thought i was going MAD. and i had to buy an extension after all 😉 and i have this problem each time i move to a new house haha

i believe x-pole are supplied to fit 9′ (with the 125mm and 250 mm extensions included) so it sounds like you maybe want the 500mm extension (INSTEAD of the 2 smaller ones) and then try use the adjuster to fit? – in my last house my adjuster was up to its full 5 inches – i didnt like it, but i couldnt fit the smallest extension there instead =/

it is a puzzle this whole pole length thing you are not alone!!!

• Cazzzz

September 28, 2015 at 11:25 am

YES! I polecat I, that is exactly it. I, too, questioned whether I was mad – “is this real” I thought. Lol.
    It’s like 9ft 3/8inch is in this ‘no-man’s’ zone where the fit between 9ft and 9ft 1inch is unattainable. Gosh, I hope that’s not the truth. I need my pole. Without my pole I surely will go mad.
    I’ve tried the two combos you mentioned. The extensions supplied to fit 9’are too small, even with the adjuster fully extended and the 500mm extension makes the pole too tall to fit, even with the adjuster fully contracted. I’ve tried both twice – just to test reality. haha

I think I need someone good at the math to tell me what combinations of extensions I need… would that mystical? It sounds like maybe mystical is good at that sort of thinking. ??
    I’m good at anatomy. Not math. hahah. If you need anatomy knowledge, I’m your girl.

• mystical

September 28, 2015 at 1:14 pm

So far what I figured out was the pole itself is 7’3″ that’s including the base, if you put the 500mm on it comes up to 8’11” but with the dome it might be to tall, would you be able to measure your dome vertically I’m thinking it’s probably 2 inches? With all the extensions on the pole its going to be to tall

• mystical

September 28, 2015 at 1:25 pm

With just the 500mm it should work, I’m hoping it will..

• mystical

September 28, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I just read through this and you said the 500mm makes it to tall Right? The only other thing I can say is buy a one plyboard make sure its an inch thick, you or someone will have to cut it to the dome fitting, screw the board to the ceiling and put your pole up, I know this sounds silly but if you want your pole up then this probably is the only way.

• Cazzzz

September 29, 2015 at 8:16 am

…I think you might be right, mystical.

Isn’t that funny that they missed the ceiling heights between 9′ and 9′ 1″?
    Who-da thunk it.

• Cazzzz

September 29, 2015 at 8:20 am

By the way, mystical, the dome’s vertical height measurement is 3″.

• mystical

September 29, 2015 at 9:18 am

Yes they should of thought of that, or they should have extensions that are 2 or 3 inches but they don’t they only have the 5 inch increment, the board will work cause I had to do it with mine. I hope you get your pole up soon

• Cazzzz

September 29, 2015 at 10:07 am

Thanks, girls, for your help and commiseration. 🙂

• Stephanie X Pole

September 29, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Hi Cazzzzz,

Please call the X-Pole office! We are more than happy to help you figure this out.
    If you are at 9′ 3/8 of an inch, you are not quite at 9’1″.
    This means the 500mm extension will be very snug and not may not quite fit- depending on your location.
    You need the 200mm extension to work for the height you have- this will work best to solve the issue. Please call us to order and we can help you over the phone.

If anyone else is having issues like this, please call our office-there is always a solution to those tricky ceiling heights!
    Thank you!
    Stephanie

• Cazzzz

September 29, 2015 at 3:19 pm

I learned a new phrase today: “There’s an extension for that!”

Thank you, Stephanie X Pole. 🙂