StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions x pole and high ceilings

• x pole and high ceilings

Posted by michaelaarghh on July 30, 2013 at 7:42 pm

i feel like i am destined to having houses with ceilings not suitable for my pole 🙁

My ceiling height at our new house is 3300cm … which is ridiculously tall. so i've bought the 750mm extension, but will i need to screw the top of the pole into the beam? 

how necessary is this? because i'm renting and kinda don't want to damage the place…

michaelaarghh replied 10 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • RobynPoleDancer

July 31, 2013 at 4:39 am

As long as you're only using 3 pieces (A-Piece + 1000mm + extension) then I'd think you'll just be OK at that height. I possibly wouldn't do any full-on spins onto it. (it's the flex from the sideways force that causes the pole to move, since when it bends, it get "shorter")
    If you hadn't already bought it, I'd have suggested a "custom" competition pole, as these are just 2 pieces, and reinforced, so there's less flex.

Strangely, the old-style screw-together X-Poles were safer at this height, less flex somehow.

• michaelaarghh

July 31, 2013 at 4:59 am

i think ill be using 4 pieces? 

A pole + B pole + 750mm + 250mm …?

that's what the diagram said to use! 🙁 

i won't really have the room to do spins on it so i'll mostly be using it for strength training and practicing… as long as i dont go too hardcore it should be okay?

• RobynPoleDancer

July 31, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I've used X-Poles at that height with that many bits, on a concrete ceiling.

It will probably be fine, just no pole-killer spins!

• michaelaarghh

July 31, 2013 at 5:29 pm

oh i hope it'll be okay. i've contacted x pole and asked if i should get one 1000 mm extension, rather than using a 750mm and a 250mm, so i'll see what they say. 

i already bought the 750mm though, so i hope they let me exchange it if the other one is better!