StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions where and space

• where and space

Posted by Dadgirl21 on November 10, 2011 at 8:38 am

i am going from working in a studio to working out at my house, with a two year old underfoot, becuase my class was cancelled.  Where is the best place to put a pole, I have a spare bedroom but it is small and in the center of the room is the light,  and how much space needs to be around it, i have been told different distances. Thanks.

Dadgirl21 replied 12 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Fallen Angel

November 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm

hello , i have my pole in the small spare room at our place, the light is in the centre of the room so I have the pole dome next to the light cover, space wise I think you need to have enough space to do spins without hitting anything https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

although I have kicked the cupboard while doing spins and wearing stilettos hahaha theres a lovely black stripe down the cupboard door now 🙂

• Queenie426

November 11, 2011 at 9:52 am

My pole is in my small spare bedroom too. There was a celing fan in the middle of the room so I took that down and capped off the electrical wires and put a cover over them so my pole is right beside that in the center of the room. The room is more narrow than I would like but it gets the job done. If I had heels on I would probably kick the wall but barefoot I have no problems. I just measured and on the two sides with the least amount of space there is 4 feet. It gets the job done.

• trickivix

November 12, 2011 at 6:47 am

My pole is also in a small spare bedroom. The room has a ceiling fan in the middle which is still there (I've kicked it a few times). I think it depends on what you will be doing on the pole. I do mainly tricks so I don't really have an issue (apart from the fan). As for spins, I can also do spins which don't require too much extension away from the pole…