StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions whats going on????

• whats going on????

Posted by cali on August 4, 2010 at 2:23 am

ok grrrrr i know this is sooo not pole related but im having a meltdown and wanted to know if it justified!!! as you all know my mother passed away on july 2. well the ak newspaper online wont even let me look at her obit unless i pay them !!!!!!!!!!! i can understand getting on deliverd but for christ sake its online!!!!!!!! aaahhhhhgggg https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_evil.gif ok now that im done venting veena i think you should come out here and help me recrute polers! but no really is that wrong or what!!!!

cali replied 13 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • evennotodd

August 4, 2010 at 3:58 am

I’ve very sorry for your loss. I work for a newspaper and have edited and typed up obituaries for nearly eight years. Although I don’t encourage getting around not paying for an online copy, obituaries are usually handled between the newspaper and the funeral home. Here’s my advice for getting a copy of the obituary:

If possible, you can try to connect the funeral home that handled your mother’s funeral arrangements for a copy of the obituary for free. If that doesn’t work, you could possibly find an archive copy of it through Google News. There are sometimes snapshots of news articles and your mother’s obituary may be among them. Otherwise, depending on the newspaper’s size and the work culture, you can call the obituary desk and ask them to e-mail you a copy for free or to make a copy if you live near the newspaper.

I can’t help you on the pole-related stuff, but I hope the rest is helpful.

• cali

August 4, 2010 at 9:22 pm

thank you thats helpfull!!! i just wish it was not all so darn complicated ya know. ? anyway i do not live next to the newspaper and i talked to the people that handeled my motherr and they where no help. but ill look up on google like you said and call down there again to see if i can get threw to someone lol https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif thank you for taking the time to write me it means alot lol