StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions weird pole finish?

• weird pole finish?

Posted by polebunny on March 13, 2012 at 11:38 pm

hi i am an old member from a long time ago lol but i thought this would be the right place to ask about this situation…..i just got hired at a new club and the poles there are made of what i can only think to call brushed steel, it has those tiny little lines all over it like brushed metal. the dance poles are the same material as the poles that hold up the ceiling near the stage. i have never seen a pole like this, and they were totally unclimbable. of course it will be fine to dance on/around but idk about tricks. has anyone ever seen a pole like this at any clubs or anywhere else?

Lana Lee replied 12 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • NinaPoles

March 14, 2012 at 12:32 am

I've been to a pole competition at a local strip club (not an amateur night, just dancing without stripping), and their poles were just like that! Completely impossible to do anything complicated on – I almost fell out of a cross knee release!

• Dancing Paws

March 14, 2012 at 9:27 am

I've heard the xpole stainless is like that. The girl who posted the pix also posted a video showing her vinyl botts not being able to stick to the pole (weird huh?) I saw in old threads about finishes that we should avoid broshed finishes as it makes the pole slicker.

• chemgoddess1

March 14, 2012 at 10:37 am

It is brushed stainless and it is HORRIBLE to work on!  There was a strip club turned dance club here in Cleveland that had a pole like this.  I am not sure why clubs put these in with the exception of lack of knowledge and cost.  Please be careful on it.

And, hey!  Have not seen you in some time!

• amy

March 14, 2012 at 10:46 am

thats what the new NYC subway car support poles are like– unclimbable! You can do hand grip stuff but barely. the old ones were wayyyy better for subway polin. 🙁

• polebunny

March 14, 2012 at 2:19 pm

hi chemgoddess! the only real reason i can think that they would do that would just be so we don't do tricks and keep everything strictly sexy lol thanks for all the responses!

• Lana Lee

March 14, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I know a few clubs here where I live that have poles, but they're awfully unstable and unusable by a pole dancer.  I think they do the whole brushed stainless steel thing just to ensure that people don't go and do tricks and injure themselves and file a law suit against them.  I dunno, that would be my guess though.