StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions vertical dance online instructor qualification

• Zenedance

April 9, 2013 at 3:46 am

Oh thanks for replying! And does that leave you with a qualification to teach? Also if anyone knows the logistics, I an in Ireland, is the cert recognised over here?:-)

• Dancing Paws

April 9, 2013 at 10:16 am

The program teaches you how to teach. It's not a certification, but not many programs are. She does have an international option on her website.

Mary Ellyn has a certification and you can do the first two stages at home, but you need to go to her for the advanced portion. I don't know anything more about it than that.

• watergirl

April 10, 2013 at 5:27 am

I took Discoveries Dance . I have no intention of teaching, I took it so that I could be sure I was protecting myself. It is a great program. I have some injuries and learned how to modify and more important to be safe. And, she does have an international program. I have taken class in various studios in my work travels . Many of those classes were taught by instructors that clearly had zero anatomy or safety training. now if I am in a situation like that I know what to do so I am not getting hurt.

• Veena

Administrator
    February 21, 2017 at 4:10 am

I have never taken that course so I don’t know how long it usually takes. I wanted to let you know about an additional teacher training option you can add. It’s the Veena Method training course. It’s free and you can either print it out or download it. Here is the link. https://www.studioveena.com/methods/letter

Page 3 of 3