StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions unsure of best way to go

• unsure of best way to go

Posted by Beckypolegirl on September 12, 2012 at 6:59 am

so i started pole in January this year i go to a class once a week and have my own pole at home which i use every other day. I have taught myself some moves at home which i learnt from youtube and dvds but its now got to the stage where i have been doing things for months at home which we have only just started looking at in class. The other girls in class always say how easy i make it look as i can do it straight away where they Cant always. I enjoy class but starting to feel like i am wasting money learning things i can do. I dont know if stopping class would be better? Any advice would be great x

Beckypolegirl replied 11 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Debss

September 12, 2012 at 7:10 am

Is there a more advanced class you could go to? How are the classes at your studio structured?

• Beckypolegirl

September 12, 2012 at 7:31 am

it wouldnt be easy changing into another class as i have childcare problems. I have spoke to the instructor who agreed i was at a higher level she said she would get me to do different things in class if they are learning something i can do but that hasnt happened yet. Its getting to the stage where i am bored in class which i hate feeling

• Debss

September 12, 2012 at 7:39 am

Ahh ok, quite a tricky situation then… It seems like you're very self-motivated, and if you're making significant progress at home and not in class then maybe stop going for a little while (maybe a month or so?) and see how you get on?
    Seeing as you're more advanced than the others you probably wouldn't have a problem catching up to them if you decided to go back to it later on 🙂

• Beckypolegirl

September 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm

well after debating about it for a week i came to a decision and decided to step back from classes for a while. Today i had my own little class at home and i really enjoyed it i feel i progress more on my own or with one friend. It is left open with my old class to rejoin if i change my mind but hopefully i have made the right decision 🙂