StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions to fold or not to gold

• to fold or not to gold

Posted by AvaBabe on May 30, 2012 at 5:36 am

So my current X pert is a 50mm chrome but I’m getting a new one. (yay!) I an considering going gold but I prefer the look of chrome. Once I am warm and pole is warm I am good on the chrome, but i am curious as to how much better gold is with gripping. And then I am also happy with the 50 but I am curious about 45 too lol. Ugh decisions.

AvaBabe replied 11 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • AvaBabe

May 30, 2012 at 5:37 am

Wow auto correct thanks for the spiffy title…

• Dancing Paws

May 30, 2012 at 9:00 am

I just got a chrome and one of my first poles was a TG. For ME (and I may be weird), but they feel REALLY similar in grip. TG may be just a tad bit grippier, but not a rediculous amount like brass. I have very hydrated skin, so that will make a difference. 

• Cocoa0

May 30, 2012 at 11:13 am

I can’t speak for the finish but if you are getting a second pole I would strongly suggest you get a different diameter. 50mm’s are great for “painful” tricks (shoulder mount, knee hold, etc.) but smaller poles are WAY better for pretty much everything that involves hand grip (spins, handsprings, etc.). I own a 50mm steel pole and if I were to buy second pole (which I am strongly considering) I would get a 40mm or a 38mm.

• Dancing Paws

May 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I think it's a good idea to have different diameters and finishes, so if you have a 50mm chrome right now, get a 45mm titanium or brass.

• AvaBabe

May 30, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Good stuff to ponder, thank you so much ladies!!