StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions sweaty sweaty sweaty!

• sweaty sweaty sweaty!

Posted by bttrswtbeauty on September 1, 2009 at 2:56 pm

I have horribly sweaty palms… even when I was a gymnast I constantly had to have a pile of chalk next to me at all times for my hands and feet LOL. I wipe down my chrome pole with rubbing alcohol everyday and bought the mighty grip powder but still after my first spin/ trick on the pole my hands are oily and sweaty again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to defeat this? I’m wondering how I can even do a 3-4 minute consistent routine without slipping off the pole instantly.

SaschaPoles replied 14 years, 11 months ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • amy

September 1, 2009 at 11:04 pm

this is extreme but my dermatologist injects my hands with botox. it’s covered by my insurance (and was a pain to get) but my hands are absolutely bone dry all the time now. each treatment hurts like the dickens but lasts for about 5 months.

• SissyBuns

September 1, 2009 at 11:55 pm

I’m a dermatology nurse and we do use botox injections for hyperhydrosis (aka sweatyness LOL) and from what I hear it works wonders. It is costly though. I work in Army medicine so it’s all covered, but if you could get something like that I’d encourage you to try it. I’m sure it’d be worth it.

On a cheaper note…keep researching grip aids to see if there is one that would work better for you. I don’t personally use them, but I know there are several out there and several other tips and guides (some even posted on this site) that can guide you in the right direction. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Meleania

September 2, 2009 at 12:38 am

is that considered a cosmetic surgery

• miss fern

September 2, 2009 at 4:21 am

Depends on the doctor and why you want it. One of my friends had it done for his hands too, because he was so chronically sweaty in his palms that holding a pen during summer was a problem for him! It was not considered cosmetic. But getting it done in your armpits so you don’t sweat on your formal dress might be.

• VixxPlum

September 2, 2009 at 8:05 am

I have horribly sweaty palms… even when I was a gymnast I constantly had to have a pile of chalk next to me at all times for my hands and feet LOL. I wipe down my chrome pole with rubbing alcohol everyday and bought the mighty grip powder but still after my first spin/ trick on the pole my hands are oily and sweaty again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to defeat this? I’m wondering how I can even do a 3-4 minute consistent routine without slipping off the pole instantly.

Have you tried liquid chalk? It gives me a bit more grip than powdered chalk… plus my friend has very sweatty palms and it’s the only thing that helps her to g et the grip she needs…

• EVamp83

September 2, 2009 at 9:54 am

For more info and opinions on different grip aids, check out this thread: http://www.studioveena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1184

Good luck! Slippery hands really suck!

• SissyBuns

September 2, 2009 at 12:19 pm

is that considered a cosmetic surgery

We don’t consider it cosmetic. Hyperhydrosis is a chronic medical condition that can drastically affect ones quality of life and ability to function normally in some cases….a.k.a. the example of not being able to hold a pen…

Now botox in the face for crows feet…that’s cosmetic LOL.

• SaschaPoles

September 2, 2009 at 2:46 pm

i know of a deodorant that actually dries out the sweat glands, a lot of the guys in my family use it because they’re sweaty guys, and i know my brother for one doesn’t even sweat anymore it’s that good. ill ask him what it is and maybe you could use it on your hands!