StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions superman hand placement

• superman hand placement

Posted by jeng on March 27, 2009 at 3:11 am

I wanted to find out when you are in the superman which arm should you have reaching back to hold onto the pole with. Wasn’t sure if that should be your dominant arm/hand?

It seems to me when I attmept to get into the position my dom hand is supporting me on the bottom before I actually flip into it so my weaker arm is the one that is left trying to hold on.

Suggestions regarding this?

jeng replied 15 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Fleur

March 27, 2009 at 3:34 am

I definitly have my strong arm holding me. When you get ready to do the flip into superman try it with your strong arm as the top arm and really focus on pulling on it so that your weak arm isn’t having to support as much weight on the bottom. It may be that you will end up holding with your weak arm if you can’t flip over the other way and that’s ok! You ‘ll just be working out the weak arm https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif It’s good to do things on both sides anyway!

Fleur

• azriel

March 27, 2009 at 9:05 am

I don’t know if this is what fleur meant, but if you want your dom hand on top, try inverting from your other side. However, for me it’s much more difficult to flip into superman when i’m inverted on my wrong side. So another thing you can do is to practice being in the superman position with your weaker arm, but getting into it from the floor so that you won’t fall. This way, your weak arm will gain the strength to hold you, and then you can get into it by inverting on your ‘right’ side. Like fleur said though, it’s best to practice everything on both sides! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif

• jeng

March 27, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about inverting on the opposite side of the pole so my dominant arm/hand was the one left holding on. Going to give it a try this weekend to see if it makes any difference.

I’m determined to get the superman!

• LittleMissLola

March 28, 2009 at 10:37 am

I’m weird, I have my non-dom hand on top, it just felt a lot more comfortable for me than trying to invert on my "wrong" side to get my dom hand on top

• Trena

March 30, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Did you try Superman this weekend? How did it go? Btw, are you left handed or right handed jeng?

• jeng

March 30, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I’m right handed. Didn’t get a chance to try since it was way too cold in my garage.