StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions stupid questions?

• stupid questions?

Posted by Poleluver on November 12, 2009 at 2:36 pm

stupid questions but
    1) for climbing does it hurt everyones foot top for the first leg up?

2)I seem to be unsure of my ability to hold myself after an invert without hands by my leg vice alone, Has anyone had a really good excercize that helped them become better and handling the pole between legs while upside down…i suppose even good for pole sitting..?

3) after pole sitting I’ve never been able to get into the wrist sit, not sure if its my short arm to ass ratio or posture wrong?

any advice?
    thanks

I know I’ve got more but this is a good start!

Poleluver replied 14 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Charley

November 12, 2009 at 3:34 pm

stupid questions but
    1) for climbing does it hurt everyones foot top for the first leg up?
    At first most people experience pain with climbing, over time as you find your way with it you’ll learn to be gentler against the pole.

2)I seem to be unsure of my ability to hold myself after an invert without hands by my leg vice alone, Has anyone had a really good excercize that helped them become better and handling the pole between legs while upside down…i suppose even good for pole sitting..?
    I like to use resistance bands on legs – I find my legs can take on muscle fast. I bought some cheap pilates bands from Meijer and I follow some exercises with those (that came in the package.)

3) after pole sitting I’ve never been able to get into the wrist sit, not sure if its my short arm to ass ratio or posture wrong?
    First off with the wrist seat you need to be in a half lay back position. I find I am leaning way out from the pole when I get into it. You want your legs to come up vs. out – I see a lot of people doing this move (including me) the first few times with the legs down and spread – this a much harder balance. Make sure you are not sitting directly on your wrist but that it is slightly over to one side. The pole should run right up the inside of your hip on one side. Be sure you are tipping back far enough and bring those legs straight up and open.

Wrist seat takes some adjustments, so do it slow. I used to teach this move from the floor but realized people were not getting into the right posture – so don’t do it from standing. get on your pole in a sit (low sit – close to the ground.)

• Veena

Administrator
    November 12, 2009 at 3:42 pm

These are not stupid questions…..I just did a lesson for each of your problems https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumright.gif They will be up soon. I even have an exercise that will help you work on your inverted crucifix position without having to invert. Charley has excellent advice https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

• Poleluver

November 12, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Yeah! I am super excited to work on this. I look forward to the new Veena lessons!