StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions sitting on pole

• sitting on pole

Posted by Elexis on August 30, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Hey everyone. I am new to pole dancing and was just wondering if there was any advice for sitting on the pole. It’ s ok when I am hanging on, but once I let go it feels as if my skin on my legs is tearing off!! Not sure if it’s because I have big thighs or what… Does the pain get any better?????

p1nkpr1ncess replied 14 years, 11 months ago 12 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • SissyBuns

August 30, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Tearing pain in thigh skin. That sounds about right, LOL. That pain is normal at first. I still can’t sit on the pole for very long. I don’t practice it enough because it hurts so much LOL. It’s hard to inflict pain on oneselve.

• Elexis

August 30, 2009 at 11:13 pm

yeah that’s for sure. The last time i tried I ended up with major pole burn. Not a good look for the beach lol

• LittleC

August 30, 2009 at 11:22 pm

The more you do it, the less it hurts – if you are consistent with it you’ll find it gets easier and easier! Just keep trying.

• simulpole

August 31, 2009 at 1:11 am

They’re right. But it hurts less the more you condition your skin for it. I’m still working on it. It never "feels good" but its getting more and more tolerable.

FYI, you’ll experience the same pole burn / pain setbacks w/ each new move/position you learn. If it hurts like hell the first few times, keep at it. It will eventually become more and more tolerable.

• Elexis

August 31, 2009 at 1:22 am

Thanks!!!

• Porscha

August 31, 2009 at 7:07 am

YA I just discovered what pole burn is for the first time while trying to sit on the pole… Fun!! haha, jk https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_confused.gif

• Angeee

September 6, 2009 at 2:43 pm

I just posted a very similar question. I had to put on my boots to sit on the pole. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Angee

• Christie_22

October 12, 2009 at 8:19 pm

I have been poling for almost a year now. I still am not able to sit very long it hurts to bad. Does anyone know how long i should be practicing to do a sit. I only know spins, and i’m stuck there until i can pass the test at sitting. The pain is unberable. I really want to move foward but i need the help and that extra boost to not think about the pain. Any ideas

• FreeTheSun

October 12, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Rouge has a good system. She posted it a while back. Basically you keep increasing the length of the sit till you can do it.

• FreeTheSun

October 12, 2009 at 10:08 pm
  • p1nkpr1ncess

October 16, 2009 at 8:57 am

That is really good advice on the pole sit conditioning! I am finding it a bit easier now but really couldn’t do it at first – the pain was sooooo bad I really thought I would NEVER do it!

It’s only been 3 weeks since I did it the first time and this weeks lesson I felt a bit easier than normal. So it does get better – I don’t think I’ll ever like it! Haha.

Can’t wait to get my pole so I can do these conditioning exercises https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif
    -x-

• Rouge_LAmour

October 16, 2009 at 11:12 am

Keep going on the exercises – they do work.
    Once you’re at 5 minutes, you’ll wonder what you were wondering about.
    The grip also means you can sit without using your arms, great for some moves.

You may think thighs are bad now – just wait until you start armpit and knee holds.
    Those make pole sits seem easy!!

Rouge
    XX

• p1nkpr1ncess

October 17, 2009 at 8:12 am

Lol oh god don’t say that!! Don’t tell me the pain gets worse than this! Haha!!
    -x-

• poledanceromance

October 17, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Lol the more I learn the more it hurts. Guess it’s just a fact of life! The more advanced your poling, the more fancy your falls and bruises https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_lol.gif

• Mindy4pole

October 18, 2009 at 6:33 am

Lol oh god don’t say that!! Don’t tell me the pain gets worse than this! Haha!!
    -x-

Don’t worry about future pain. Everyone is built differently, so what hurts you may not hurt someone else, and vice versa. My thighs never hurt much with pole sits. Now superman… oooo, he is ouchie! Knee holds are less immediate pain than thighs for me, but I end up with more bruising and longer term pain.

Just love your pole and keep having fun!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_cheers.gif

Mindy

Page 1 of 2