StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions second pole advice

• second pole advice

Posted by cellardoor77 on December 28, 2009 at 1:02 am

so i want to get a second pole here in a couple months i have a fund set up for it lol… i’m thinking of getting a tg 45mm but iono if i wanna chance messing with my grip and might get a 50mm tg instead… or just a second 50mm chrome like the one i have now is and keep on on spinny one static and blahhhhhh too many choices lol what do you guys have if you have 2 poles??? any tips, suggestions or pointers?

vickiezoo replied 14 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • NickiLee88

December 29, 2009 at 7:41 am

Hiya! The subject of poles is close to my heart as I currently own two and am thinking of getting a third (I can hear my boyfriend now "What do you need three for??")

In short, I have a 45 TG and a 50 Chrome. I principally learnt on 45 stainless, so the TG was okay, but I did find the 50 a struggle when I first got it. I don’t regret it though, because i think practicing on a different size pole really increases your versatility and helps if your thrown in a unexpected performance or go in a competition where they have set sizes different to what you’re used to. If you already have a 50, I doubt you’d have much trouble going down to 45. I’ve been learning on a 38 brass recently (see, I’ve tried them all!) and it does make split grips easier. The only problem is with laybacks and superman style moves, you have to grip a lot harder until you adjust to the difference in width.

Anyway, that is my two cents, hope it helps with your decision! Either way, I’m sure you’ll have fun with your two poles!

• Veena

Administrator
    December 30, 2009 at 4:44 am

If you have the 50 I would go with the 45mm then you can work with both. I have both sizes and I REALLY love the smaller 45mm but try to keep up with using the 50 so I maintain my grip strength. They both have advantages and disadvantages, like NickiLee88 said. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

• vickiezoo

December 30, 2009 at 5:56 pm

I want to get a second pole also and am thinking 45mm chrome as I have the 50 mm already, I agree they both have their good points but if I had known how good a 45 mm was I would’ve got one from the start x