StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions reverse spin( pendelum)

• Veena

Administrator
    October 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Can you explain what this spin is? I'm not familiar with those names. Do you mean Reverse Grab? If it is I have a lesson that breaks it down for ya https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4fc4dc2f-1bd8-4026-9725-02690ac37250

• MadisonsWorld

October 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm

That may b the name….you have one hand on the pole swing one leg out AMD follow both around and grab the pole behind with other hand

• Veena

Administrator
    October 14, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Yes that’s a reverse grab. The lesson for it is in the link of the previous post.

• Caroliiine

October 15, 2012 at 3:16 am

Are you using spinny or static pole?

• Caroliiine

October 15, 2012 at 3:24 am

Are you using spinny or static pole?

• MadisonsWorld

October 15, 2012 at 6:30 am

Static for now..have never been a Dan of spinning, but got the spinning to eventually learn to use it

• MadisonsWorld

October 15, 2012 at 6:58 am

Static for now..have never been a Dan of spinning, but got the spinning to eventually learn to use it

• Caroliiine

October 15, 2012 at 9:32 am

I love spinny never did static till about a month ago! I dont know what kind of level you are but since the weight is primarily on your top hand I would practice doing one handed spins also great for conditioning and strength building… and eventually go into a reverse spin from a one handed chair and to a one handed chair… you can also do one handed firemand, hooks etc to start off and build up to a chair … momentum is very important with the reverse grab spin too! I learned it from dirdy birdy when I did it… search reverse grab tutorial on youtube Id say it is still there… her tutorials are good  there isnt too many of them though… you should even save for veenas lessons there great! I am going to get them soon ðŸ™‚ Good luck 🙂

• Caroliiine

October 15, 2012 at 9:36 am
  • Krissykiki

October 15, 2012 at 9:38 am

practice doing one handed chair spins, then do a chair with a drift spin by tilting your hips forwardm this should carry you body across the poleband you just reach down and grab 🙂

• MadisonsWorld

October 15, 2012 at 9:50 am

I did look it up last night and found dirtybird..I was determined to get it yesterday..and I did…I am gonna get veenas lessons in a few weeks…

• MadisonsWorld

October 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Ok..so I have been practicing the reverse grab and pretty much have it in the bag, except my bottom arm between my wrist and albow gets real sore…I can’t figure out why…I am grabbing it they way the video shows…

• dustbunny

October 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm

As people have said, this is pretty much a one-handed spin.  Your bottom hand should have next to no weight on it, use it only to guide your body away from the pole so you don't bump into it.  🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    October 26, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Do you mean your using my video lesson? https://www.studioveena.com/lessons/view/4fc4dc2f-1bd8-4026-9725-02690ac37250…The bottom hand is just holding to keep you in place, there is no weight on it, it just keeps you moving into the pole. Like dustbunny said.