StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions reverse grip spin?

• reverse grip spin?

Posted by reenie aka Mysfit on June 3, 2010 at 11:33 pm

So I love the reverse grip spin but I can only do this spin on static.
    I can’t pull it off in spin mode for the life of me. Keep whapping my left pelvic side into the pole which has created one heck of a bruise I might add Lol.
    So is this only meant to be done in a true spin(us doing the work)as opposed to trying to have the hand position in hold and let the pole do the work?
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Reenie

miss fern replied 14 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • poletrickster

June 4, 2010 at 12:00 am

Well my pole is only spin and so I have never tried it on static but I can do RG spin. like everything just build up the strength and keep working at it and you will get it.

• miss fern

June 5, 2010 at 8:25 am

This move is WAAAAY harder on spin. Especially to get it as big and floaty as you can on static.

It’s just physics. You are spinning much faster on a spin pole, because you have your momemtum PLUS the motion of the pole itself spinning. And the faster you spin the harder it is to hold on. Fact.

For a reverse grab, you need a lot of momentum to avoid banging your hip into the side of the pole. (You will hit your hip even on a static pole if you don’t throw you weight out and round enough). To get this momentum on a spinny pole, you’re going to have to deal with the extra ‘speed’ (it may not feel faster, because you’ll probably just slip right off before getting into the spin, but as I said before, the pole’s spin is adding to your existing speed)… and thus you will have to develop the extra tight grip required.

You can alternatively go for a less dramatic RG, and grab your free hand behind the pole much sooner than you normally would, and ‘lower’ yourself into the spin instead of swinging into it. Hard to describe, I hope I’m making SOME sense at least haha!