StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions quick release tools

• quick release tools

Posted by Rouge_LAmour on February 23, 2009 at 2:13 am

OK, so we took our poles down at the studio and took them to the bar for the carnival.
    To take them down, we tried to loosen them with the quick release tools and ended up with l shaped release tools.
    Them there poles ain’t budging.

Any suggestions from those in the know?

to make your day, imagine this:
    walking 2 x 3m poles down stairs, then down the street (full of people) to get them in the front door of the bar.
    I also learned that staging means that poles must be checked regularly as they get loose.

Veena replied 15 years, 5 months ago 10 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    February 23, 2009 at 3:06 am

Did you guys try the shock method?? My poles have gotten stuck before and its worked every time. Just be sure to cover the pole and the release tool with a towel in case you slip with the hammer. Its basically a QUICK sharp tap.

Here’s what X pole suggest…. insert the rods and with one rod against the surface give the other rod sharp tap. It is not force that releases the tubes it is the shock. If the tube still will not release place something solid under the release rod so it is parallel to the surface the poles are on and try again. This so that the shock goes into the solid object and is not absorbed by the rod itself.

I used this a lot when showing our house that was for sale….I had to take it down every time we had a potential buyer or open house. My husband was already out in CA so it was just me and my boys. They would hold the one side down and I would "shock" the other end. It was pretty cute! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_sunny.gif

• Novadog

March 5, 2009 at 11:14 pm

My poles are stuck too. But I suspect I’ve been using my rods wrong. Do you put one Rod in either side of the holes on the same piece of tubing? so they’re like

-][-

against the pole and not

_][
    _][_
    where they’re on different sections?

I have l shaped tools now as well. Though I found a screw driver about the same size to fit into the holes.

Nx

• Novadog

March 7, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Anyone?

• Rouge_LAmour

April 3, 2009 at 4:09 am

Ditto, still no use…
    heyelp, heyelp!!

• Foxy_Rei

April 3, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Novadog: put the rods each in a different piece of tubing. Lay the pole on the floor, put the rods in each each, and let one rod rest against the floor or on a book or something to hold the rod parallel to the floor. Then turn the rod that’s not against the floor or book by pushing or pulling it the direction you have to go to loosen it. There’s a diagram of it in the instruction manual if you’re confused. The description confused the heck out of me but when I saw a picture I suddenly got what they were trying to tell us.

So if you were looking at the pole from one of the ends while it was laying on the floor (like you were using it for a telescope) it’ll look like this with the release rods in it (P = pole):

| /
    (P)– or (P)– or something like that.

You’d put the book under the one that looks like a dotted line, otherwise it’ll be \ and you won’t get as much leverage (it may also bend the rods if you don’t, but yours are already bent https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif) Put the rod that’s sticking straight up on your left and the rod on the floor on your right.

You’d then push -> (that way) on the rod that’s sticking up (pushing it if you’re sitting behind it). If you can’t do it by hand, then like Veena said, cover it with a towel and tap with a hammer to shock it loose.

Rouge, the only thing I can think of is wait for a change in the weather and try it again. Temperature and humidity may make the pole "shrink" just enough that you’ll be able to get it loose. I played clarinet in high school and college; it was made of wood and the weather would do a number on it. One day it would slide together easily and the next I would be getting out the cork grease and having to push it against my stomach to get it to go together. Some of my fellow players’ clarinets would actually split and crack from the weather changes alone. I’m sure a pole is similar, except I doubt it would crack https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Good luck!

• callistaangel

July 18, 2009 at 3:21 am

Hey I have a question. how do u use the rod method for the last extention? we have weedled our way down to the last attached section and there isnt another tube to put a 2nd rod in just hte one. Any suggestions on how to get it apart? im so fustrated

• RoxyPink

July 19, 2009 at 1:28 am

This is the one thing that I dislike the most about the xpole. I take mine down frequently and clean and lube the threads each time..but they still seem to give me a work out when taking the pole down. A few weeks ago I ordered the new quick release tool and they help alot…but it still takes a little elbow grease. I so want a one pc pole!!!

• Foxy_Rei

July 19, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Hey I have a question. how do u use the rod method for the last extention? we have weedled our way down to the last attached section and there isnt another tube to put a 2nd rod in just hte one. Any suggestions on how to get it apart? im so fustrated

Well to be honest I’m not sure… I always loosen that joint first when the pole is still standing, then take the whole length of the pole down, lay it on the floor, then use the rods to take the individual pieces apart.

Have you tried having someone stand on the base while someone works the extension? https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_scratch.gif The only other thing I could think of is calling X-Pole and asking them if they have an idea. Their customer service is great! Good luck!

• LittleC

August 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm

I’m glad I found this thread – last night I took my pole down because my inlaws are coming over today, and couldn’t loosen the bottom extension from the base to save my life. Next time, I will definitely loosen it before I take it down – I wish I had thought of that last night! Thanks, Foxy! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• FreeTheSun

August 8, 2009 at 8:06 pm

if you’re talking about trying to get the last bit off the base (if not ignore this) you can completely unscrew the screws that make the pole going into spinny mode and take the base off. and then just do it like every other piece. Just make sure to not loose the little screws and put them back in the correct way.

• Rouge_LAmour

August 22, 2009 at 2:14 am

cheaper than quick release tools are two long screwdrivers.

Finally, we’ve put up our x-poles at the studio and had to shorten our xpoles.
    Shock method did not work, our tightening rods now have really cool angles (well the one’s we didn’t snap).

SO, my suggestion if you have problems, is to go to a hardware shop, get 2 x Stanley screwdrivers, the model in NZ is 0-65-171.

The size is 250mm x 2pt. 250mm is 10" for those non-metric people.
    Put the screwdrivers through and get help: one twists one way, the other twists against them.

This really works, so whomever first suggested it on here: thank you!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_salut.gif

we would have got the quick release tools, but they’re $90 freight from the place closest to us.
    2 screwdrivers set us back $25.

• Mjohnson0911

September 8, 2009 at 8:31 pm

Nothing is working and I am gettin MAD! So I signed up for Veenas Lessons last night and I was so excited… I learned some new stuff and I noticed that the ceiling was making a weird sound and then when I looked, it seemed as though the pole had shifted a bit. So I took it down but first the nut thingy was stuck so I had do borrow a wrench from a friend and now the two largest pole sections are stuck together and my husband won’t help me and I want to pole tonight. I am so mad I am using the shock method and everything I just don’t know what to try…I’ll I know is that I want my pole back up asap!

• Veena

Administrator
    September 8, 2009 at 10:06 pm

MJ you don’t have to take the pole totally apart if your just gonna set it back up again. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• psychoholicslag

September 9, 2009 at 2:48 am

Yeah, I tend to cuss when having to dismantle my poles. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_redface.gif I especially hate it when doing a pole party, and I have a bunch of women watching me struggle to dismantle a pole that I earlier told them was easy to put up and take down. I bought the upgraded release tools, but one of those has a bend now too. Sometimes shocking has helped, sometimes it hasn’t. Even my husband struggles with dismantling them sometimes. I know I should make more of an effort to lube the threads about once a month. Maybe that would help? The long screwdrivers sound like a good idea too.

• Veena

Administrator
    September 9, 2009 at 3:13 am

Remember guys….you should only hand tighten the poles, (if you don’t think your hands are strong enough you can use the rods but then you have to be careful not to over tighten) so in general, don’t use the rods to tighten it, the rods are only to loosen the pole. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif