StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions question about pole expo in Vegas–what to wear?

• question about pole expo in Vegas–what to wear?

Posted by grayeyes on August 22, 2017 at 2:06 am

I know this is a silly question but what do people wear to the Pole Classic and Pole Star Show at the expo? Realizing I’m talking about pole dancers my guess is dang near anything. Do people dress up, as in can I wear a tight (probably inappropriate for my age) dress and heels or is everyone in shorts and a tank top?

Please share any other tips you have for this first time expo attendee. πŸ™‚

grayeyes replied 6 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • 33barbwire

August 22, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Ooh, following. πŸ˜€

• Veena

Administrator
    August 23, 2017 at 12:08 am

I didn’t see anyone dressing up much during the day because everyone is busy going to workshops.
    As for shows and comps I personally like to dress nice whenever I go! I say if you feel like dressing up do it and it’s Vegas so if you want to where glitter or rhinestones do it! I feel like people don’t dress up like they use to when they attend shows.

PS I just moved back to Vegas and am thinking of seeing if any members want to come with me in the day (no date or time yet) to a big stripper heel store in town. They have a bunch heels and boots and the prices are good! I’m not sure I’ll get a chance to attend expo it’s self though.

• Veena

Administrator
    August 23, 2017 at 12:10 am

wear* hello auto fail

• grayeyes

August 23, 2017 at 1:36 am

Ditto that, Veena. I dress up when I go to the pole show at the Arnold but I didn’t want to be the only one! Thanks for the response. Maybe I’ll see you there. πŸ™‚

• AllysonKendal

August 23, 2017 at 1:49 am

Oh damn… you guys are about to see how weird and obsessive I get about things…. yeah I save my outfits.

These are the outfits I wore to pole shows. Not Vegas… but short and shiny dresses aren’t normally my thing. I’m most comfortable in casual clothes with a hint of sexy. These are from pole shows in Colorado, NY and Maryland. Much lower key.

• AllysonKendal

August 23, 2017 at 1:54 am

I hope that didn’t sound anti-Vegas. That wasn’t how I meant it. I was just typing fast on my phone… I just meant the shows weren’t in Vegas, but even if they were, short and shiny isnt my thing… so I probably would still keep it more comfy and baggy… but luckily the shows were more low key. One day I’ll make it to Vegas!!!

• grayeyes

August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am

Allyson, I’m fascinated that you save your outfits! So organized. Thanks for weighing in. I tend to wear the sexiest clothes I own to a pole show figuring if I can’t wear it there, I can’t wear it anywhere. My thigh high black boots get to go to the pole show–and I wear them to the comedy club. Don’t ask me why I think the comedy club is appropriate. πŸ™‚

• AllysonKendal

August 24, 2017 at 12:24 am

Yeah I save a photo basically everything I buy in the stylebook app. It makes my life so easy… “oh I need to wear a dress to a wedding??” Let me just select dresses and scroll through. Then I’ll pick shoes and jewelry etc. so much easier than digging through my closet!!! I just don’t feel comfy in tight things, especially sitting, I feel like stuff cuts into my stomach and then I feel fat and not sexy, when I wear flowy stuff, with some skin exposed I feel skinny and pretty. It’s just personal preference. Things that are too short that I have to keep tugging on also annoy me, or tips I have to yank up or wear with an uncomfortable bra. I’m just a picky pain in the ass. 😊

• grayeyes

August 25, 2017 at 2:11 am

That’s a great idea AK as opposed to me standing in my closet staring at my clothes for so long that the light bulb gets too hot and goes out–then I can’t even see what I’m staring at.