StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions pole photo sessions

• pole photo sessions

Posted by Ingrid on February 19, 2013 at 4:19 am

HI! 

SO, im doing a photo session on pole. But i need to know what really looks good in pictures? 

Anny spesial mowes? 

What are your experienses? 

Also, i love spinns! How do i make them look good in a photo? 

phoenix kazree replied 11 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Camilla Leilasdotter

February 21, 2013 at 8:15 am

Hello!

I've only shoot some pics for fun with friends, and what I found out is that spins are hard to get right, try sticking to static moves. When looking for pole pics as well they al tend to be of static moves.

I myself have a really nice pic of a (floor) cupid (profile pic, as you can see 🙂 and a pic of cross-ankle release. Cross-ankle release really makes my bod look fabolous, while cross-knee release only made my legs and belly look huge :/ so try a few poses and find what works for you.

Good luck and have fun! 🙂

• CreativityBySteffie

February 21, 2013 at 11:17 am

Doing great spin photos, is tricky because its all about timing. Not only for you, but the photographer as well. You need to be able to hold the spin for at least 2 rounds, and do not go very fast. Then its up to the photographer, to get the focus + angel just right. When I do spins fr shoots, we agree on taking maybe 100+ pictures, and only excpect 5 good ones, however its worth the trouble. And if you find a spin pic, that you just love, but is out of focus, just go with that in the editing. Concert black/back add motion or gaussian blur as a vignette around you, just touching your figure enough to get some more blur on you aswell. Other than that, the best thing is to practice poses and moves before the shoot. Focus on being able to have enough control to not turn around on the pole, when you are doing your trick, because if its a studio shoot, there will be lamps and such, making it difficult for the photographer to move  to far, to get the angel right. Another thing is, to show pictures of the moves you want to do (Veena has a great gallary here) because often the photographer doesnt know what you want to do, and they might take the picture at the wrong time and they might not have the equiptment to take several pictures right after eachother, leaving you in the air for a long time, which is not good or save with the warm lights. Remember a towel 🙂

• CreativityBySteffie

February 21, 2013 at 11:18 am

Convert black/white**

• phoenix kazree

February 22, 2013 at 12:13 am

Capturing a photo of a spin is a stop motion photo. It is difficult, but if you have a good photographer with a fast shutter, it's totally possible. Be sure to let the photographer know which part of the spin you want captured. Make sure to hit it at the right angle, and the rest is up to the photographer. Be prepared to repeat it multiple times, because it will most likely take lot of attempts to get the perfect shot. But in the end, it's always worth it.

• chemgoddess1

February 22, 2013 at 6:35 am

^ says the girl who just had one of the most amazing spin shots ever taken by a photographer!  And yes, I am posting it because it IS amazing!!

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/11078_543119052376227_1033460083_n.jpg

• portableninja

February 22, 2013 at 9:01 am

Yes. At my photo shoot I had other pole girls there to tell the photographer when to take the shot. It was a lot of "ok is she ready yet?" "No, not yet!" "How about now…" "Wait… ok now!"

If you have poses in mind, it might be helpful to bring reference photos of other dancers, and framed the way you want it, so the photog has an idea of the image you want to create. Sort of like bringing photos to the hairdresser. A picture is worth a thousand words!

• phoenix kazree

February 22, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Blushing, thanks chemgoddess1.