StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions pole in a 8cm beam???

• pole in a 8cm beam???

Posted by Dove on February 3, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Hello girls!!
    Today I’ve contacted with a Pole shop http://www.verticaldance.com, because I want to put the Pole in a joist of 8 mm and they answer that: " We do not recommend that they go on an 8cm beam however I have been teaching on a beam that size for many years and it has been fine, how ever you must make sure its put up correctly "
    So, what do you think? Is save? I will die on a pole, but I don’t wanna die ‘polling’. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

The distance betwen the floor and the roof is 3,5metres.

Thanks in advice!

Dove replied 14 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Dove

February 3, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Here is where I want to put the pole!!

IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0013.JPGIMG_0013.JPG

I was thinking that maybe I can put a piece of wooden betwen the pole and the joist, I don’t know, do you know if I can do that?

• Audball

February 3, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I could be mistaken, but isn’t it the case with concrete ceilings that you can put the pole anywhere? Your ceiling looks like it’s made out of concrete bricks?

• Dove

February 3, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I could be mistaken, but isn’t it the case with concrete ceilings that you can put the pole anywhere? Your ceiling looks like it’s made out of concrete bricks?

Yeps, the problem is that is oval. I don’t know if you can appreciate on the picture, but it does a curve. Do you think that I can put it there anyway ?

• Audball

February 3, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Oh, it curves? no, you couldn’t put it on the part that curves, I don’t think. I don’t know about the beams either, 8cm is pretty small! I know how you feel though I hac ceiling issues too. Is there anywhere else you could put it?

• chemgoddess1

February 3, 2010 at 5:40 pm

I would talk to someone who does construction and try to get a board secured to the 2 beams and then attach the pole to that.

• amy

February 3, 2010 at 5:45 pm

you could span the joists with another joist, but not just plywood. i would also have them shim and fill in the space between the spanning joist and the ceiling, even if it’s just another vertical joist that goes up… then i would put the pole underneath the spanning joist, at the point where it is filled in above with the vertical joist. then the load is transferring back to the ceiling and through the original joists.

• Dove

February 3, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Yes, I have another place to put it, but I don’t have a lot of space to do a big movements…

But, I think that to talk with a constructor is a good idea, I’m going to tell your words amyxshi, to see what he can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m going to do that and I let you know how it works!!!!

Many many thanks!!! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_thumright.gif