StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions pole burn..

• pole burn..

Posted by MadisonsWorld on September 30, 2012 at 11:38 am

Holy crap!!! Talk Abt pole burn on my inner thighs…is that because I have some loose skin…I don’t remember getting that when I was thinner..or am I just sticking really bad?

portableninja replied 11 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • darling dearest

September 30, 2012 at 12:47 pm

No way! Pole burn is all a part of the learning process, and some moves might hurt you more bad than others. Thin or not, everyone experiences it!

• Empty

September 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I get pole burn on my wrist every time i do spins so i bring a wrist band or strength wrap. I also get the same thigh burn. Its just sensitive skin areas. It happens to everyone. You build tolerance over time just like bruising.

• MadisonsWorld

September 30, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I sure hope so…I wasn’t sure if it was having those wonderful stretch marks,which I guess does make my skin more sensitive…I look like my husband beat me from the waist down

• nicolen548

October 1, 2012 at 5:06 am

I was wondering the same thing. I have SO many large stretch marks on my inner thighs due to large weight fluctuations throughout life. I get REALLY bad pole burn and pain in those areas. I thought maybe because my skin is already scarred by stretch marks climbing was going to hurt worse for me. In my classes over the summer the thinner girls seemed to have no problem climbing, but for me I could only take it for a few seconds. I wonder if my inner thigh skin is too damaged. I also noticed I get these red spots/bruises where my thighs made contact when climbing.

• dustbunny

October 1, 2012 at 3:44 pm

@MadisonsWorld  Pole burn on your thighs is perfectly normal and will lessen with time.  🙂

@LittleEngine  If you're getting pole burns on your wrist from spins, it likely means you are over gripping.  Try to focus on keeping your arm and wrist more neutral.  It will force your wrist to become stronger and lessen your chances of injuring it.  🙂

• portableninja

October 1, 2012 at 3:50 pm

@dustbunny You are so right. I used to get terrible pole burn marks on my wrists and forearms. I figured that I just had to build up tolerance. My wrists are weak to start and I wasn't engaging them. It wasn't until I joined SV and started watching her video lessons that I learned about the importance of neutral wrists. It was a lot harder at first and I had to go back to square one until I built up some wrist strength. But my spins and holds are much better now, and no more burning!