StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions platinum stages superpole loose in the middle?

• platinum stages superpole loose in the middle?

Posted by smokinangel on October 26, 2009 at 8:47 pm

So I’ve had my pole for about 3 years now and haven’t ever had a problem with putting it up and having it stay up. Moved into a new place, put up the pole using a level and studfinder, retightening to account for carpet, all that stuff. It was fine for about 2 months, then I was doing some simple spins and the top shifted a good 6-8 inches. Yikes! I had retightened right before I started spinning and the pole felt stable. Any ideas why this would happen? I took the whole thing down and apart, put it back together and up, and now the spot in the middle where the 2 pieces screw together has give to it. The top is tight and secure, the bottom is tight and secure, I tried spinning and inverting, it held fine. My boyfriend tried hanging off it, it felt fine. But, when I push or pull right at that center connection, the middle of the pole moves. Not very much, but it’s never done this before and I don’t want to practice any of the more advanced tricks until I get this figured out. I live on the top floor of an older apartment building, and it’s been raining a lot lately, all I can come up with is maybe the building is expanding? Lol, I’d rather the building be faulty than my pole!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

amcut replied 14 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • FreeTheSun

October 27, 2009 at 8:55 pm

My X-pole actually slid a bit recently too. It was super weird. I’d guess the rain and the sudden drop in temp lately. I haven’t noticed the middle of the pole moving but we have different brands of pole.
    Be careful though, no smashing your head open unless your bf or I are there to put the pieces back together. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_tongue.gif

• poledanceromance

October 28, 2009 at 1:26 pm

I think it wouldn’t hurt to take the whole thing apart again and look (really, really look) at the condition of the threading on the two pieces. Test just that seam while it’s apart by screwing it together and making sure that joint is in ok shape. If there’s something wrong with the threads of one piece, I’d say buy replacement part. If that seam feels fine and looks fine, then I think it’s time to call up the company. You might have to ask for a manager a few times, but such is life.

• amcut

October 28, 2009 at 3:13 pm

It’s probably your coupler. Those couplers are ridiculous, but my pole shook in it’s boots (or the screw thread shaking inside the coupler) after it fell.

I called Kim, she sent me a new one.