StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions performing a “show”

• performing a “show”

Posted by AvaBabe on October 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm

So I have started planning my birthday party (it’s in December, what can I say,I love birthdays, especially mine!) I have had like one party for myself like ever. The last party I threw was for my husband’s birthday and it was a scavenger hunt Stuttgart Germany, good thing I stated early, it took a lot! ANYWAYS… being December and all it will be cold, so it’s an indoor party and we are going to have a nightclub night totally rearranging the house into a night club atmosphere and a poker room for cards. Moving on, I have decided to perform for this event. I was inspired while hashing out some details with the husband (read: getting permission lol) and my current favorite song came on and I was like, I should wow my crowd with a performance to this song! This serves so many purposes!
    1: motivation to continue getting in shape, in fact it gives me super motivation!
    2: gives me motivation to really be more disciplined in sticking to pole (I am world class famous for having a short attention span and routines would be my savior from this if I could stick to them!)
    3: practicing pole gets me in good shape which circles back to purpose #1
    4: being in better shape helps me get better at pole (see #2 lol)
    5: before wego getting stuck in a never ending circle with the mess I created in #s 1-4…. Having an exciting goal with real meaning gives me structure I so madly need (I’m too much of a free spirit and while structure is also my enemy, it’s what I truly crave, I’m a mess of contradictiveness, another time wecan get into that…)
    6: completing a goal does wonders for my soul, so the goal has to be meaningful enough to hold my attention, and I believe this is 🙂

Here’s where you can help! I know almost all the beginner moves, and many more, and I used to be an exotic dancer but that was always free style, so my problem is trying to combine things into something that makes sense and flows 🙂 what I think would help me at this point is some simple combo ideas that I could work on to build into a routine, like I love spins and know many. Perhaps I will make a video of random things I know, but I would love suggestions of simple combos, I don’t know how to combine things. I well be scouring SV for this, but a couple suggestions of your favorites would give me something structured to work from (I also tend to quirk well when I have something set and specific to work from until I am comfortable, I have loads of creativity but until I “master” something I like the comfort of an established pattern before I go making up my own stuff, like with sewing… I can sew beautifully, and I practice with patterns of things I like until I am comfortable, THEN I use that base of knowledge to make my own designs I wanted in the first place…. Hope this makes sense O.o )

Anyhow, if you can’t tell, this is more than “just a dance” to me. It’s my life displayed and configured in one tiny facet and it compiles into so many things: healing, improving, believing, learning, teaching, reaching, freeing, feeling, doing, LIVING a more healthy life! It’s…. It’s …. So much more than dancing, it’s… Like learning to breathe again. So I can be better for me, for my husband, for my baby girls who need someone strong, mentally and emotionally evolved enough to guide them into adulthood, but mostly…. For me and being on the road to fulfilling my ultimate self…. So.. I am now open to your suggestions 🙂

Thanks for following my random rambling mess that makes me the beautiful disaster I am, and a beautiful disaster I am happy to be. 😀

AvaBabe replied 11 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Saphyre

October 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm

There are a few threads here that you can look up. Search under "Combos". In the meantime, here are a few suggestions…not sure where you are with tricks…

Spin Combos:

Fan Kick to Back Hook (to make more challenging invert from here into Gemini)

Carousel (Peter Pan) to Front Hook

Carousel to Reverse Grab to Reverse Attitude (Challenging)

Front Chair to Reverse Chair

A new one I learned is called the Irish Swirl. You start out like you are going to do a Chopper Invert, but then you drop down,  right into a reverse attitude. Very impressive looking.

Trick Combos: (not sure if you can do these?)

Gemini to Pike Hip Hold then back to Gemini then to Scorpio….

Gemini to Star to Butterfly to Gemini…

Gemini to Butterfly to Flatline Scorpio to Scorpio….

Climb to Figurehead to Aerial Invert…..(if you can't do an aerial invert, you can just slide down in a sexy angel drop)

Climb to Figurehead to Teddy

Climb to Advanced Plank to Cross Ankle Release

• AvaBabe

October 6, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Thank you! Some of these I tally really like the ideas of! Lots of great surf to work with! XD