StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions long legs and flexibility

• long legs and flexibility

Posted by PixiLouBell on May 14, 2014 at 1:12 pm

is it just me or do people with long, thin legs have a more natural flexibility in them? i mean i kno there are plenty very flexy short people out there but it seems really flexy legs are usually long. just wondering if it comes easy to you long legged ladies 🙂

PixiLouBell replied 10 years ago 11 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • AmyLyn

May 14, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I have longer legs (35″ inseam on my pants) and can barely touch my toes on a good day! I think it’s probably due more to my lack of stretching/flexibility training than my leg length though

• chemgoddess1

May 14, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Nope! I am mostly legs and no waist and have crappy leg flexy. I am 42″ to the top of my hip.

• abbyga549008

May 14, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Not me! 🙂

• Veena

Administrator
    May 14, 2014 at 5:42 pm

How flexible you are has nothing to do with leg length, however looks can be deceiving, because anyone can learn to create nice lines and this causes an illusion of flexibility when done right. 🙂

You may want to check out this discussion posted about body proportions and flexibility https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/533d275d-0de4-42e5-b655-7f670a9aa0eb#bottom

• Runemist34

May 14, 2014 at 6:49 pm

As with the others, I have very long legs, and nearly no flexibility. I think Veena’s right, in that longer legs can create an illusion of flexibility when it may not be there, or greater flexibility compared to someone with shorter legs.

• Saphyre

May 14, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Definitely not..or I should say, I wish…? You still had more flexibility than I did when you were in your 9th month of pregnancy, lol. I think Veena is right. It’s just an illusion.

• calipolepixie

May 14, 2014 at 10:11 pm

I wish! I am all legs & not flexy on my legs at all!

• Lina Spiralyne

May 15, 2014 at 4:36 am

Pixi, on a general level, my answer is no. Some even say it’s harder to stretch long body parts as it’s more material to stretch out. Maybe so, but I think that factor becomes small in comparison to
    everything else that regards being successful in stretching (like the condition of our joints for example).

I will say that long legs can APPEAR both less and more flexy depending on the situation. If you are flexible enough to oversplit, long legs will be advantagous. For example imagine two people with different leg length doing oversplits on the floor with the front leg elevated. For the same angle between the floor and the front leg, the leggiest person’s foot with automatically be at a higher distance from the ground than the other person’s foot. That I’m sure will create an illusion of more flexibility for the leggy.

But this also means that until you have full split, the long-legged person will instead have a disadvantage, for the same reason. Imagine a Jade where the legs aren’t perfectly splitted. The foot of the leggy one will be at a further distance from the horizontal line and probably appear less flexy. It’s all geometry here.

The weight and lever arms of the legs can play a bit of a role sometimes, according to laws of nature. Take that Jade again. Gravity will work harder on the leggy persons legs and help them a little more to split. But in Chopstix it’s the opposite again who gets the advantage!

Then like Veena said, you can learn how to appear by using smart angles etc as well as straighten the legs and point feet to the maximum. And I think that since this is an ability that grows with practice, and flexibility also grows with practice, these often go hand in hand. That could partially explain why you correlate flexy to leggy!

• Meg Smith

May 15, 2014 at 8:56 am

All I will say is I wish!!!! And if it is correct was in the wrong que when they gave that one away 😀

• Cuwoody

May 15, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I too have long legs but am not flexible at all. Samantha Starr is shorter and she is VERY flexible.

• PixiLouBell

May 16, 2014 at 6:53 am

makes perfect sense Lina!!