StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions lingerie for honeymoon help :)

• lingerie for honeymoon help :)

Posted by glitterhips on September 27, 2013 at 7:48 am

My wedding is somehow less than a month now!! AHHHH!!! I am trying to choose some lingerie for my wedding night and honeymoon and I am embarrassed to admit even though I am a sexy pole dancer and I showed up to take a burlesque class last weekend with enough costumes in my bag to outfit the entire class ๐Ÿ˜‰ I know nothing about this because I have never worn lingerie for my man in four years of dating! So needless to say I need some help in choosing what I should get. I don't think I want a separate outfit every night of my honeymoon but if anyone has suggestions on basic pieces I should buy that would be awesome or things you have that you or your man like, especially if you are petite or curvy ๐Ÿ™‚ I already bought a black lacey babydoll type thing and a robe. Saphyre and I are going shopping for some stuff Saturday so I need some type of game plan!!! Thanks ladies!!! xoxo

Grizzly replied 10 years, 7 months ago 12 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • poletrotter

September 27, 2013 at 10:44 am

I'd suggest thinking of it in terms of packing for your trip. Grab a few sets and single pieces that you can mix and match that way you have more variety for your trip/how you are feeling and to take to burlesque class. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I would try on a different styles before fixating on colour, pattern and embellishments. If you get some things that you feel like are rocking those curves, the rest will matter a lot less. Besides, you are the star of the show! Good, luck. I hope that was somewhat helpful and a HUGE congrats on getting married. <3 

• Koidragon

September 27, 2013 at 11:06 am

What is it your (soon to be) husband likes? Is he a sexy matching lingerie type guy, or would he be blown away by you walking into the room wearing a football jersey and boy shorts? Does he like costumes (naughty nurse etc), or perhaps nothing but a thin chain around your tummy with a tiny padlock, and he have the key? The honeymoon night is about the both of you, about you both celebrating each other. You obviously can rock the sexy outfits, so make this something special for the both of you, something fun or cute or meaningful – whatever is important to you both as a couple ๐Ÿ™‚

Other than that, get things that YOU feel good in, because I can guarantee whatever you are wearing, if you are feeling good in it, he will be clamouring to get you out of it ๐Ÿ˜›

• monica kay

September 27, 2013 at 1:28 pm

wow how exciting! congrats glitter.  i think you should do something extremely unique.  as a pole dancer, you probably have lots of the typical stuff- and no doubt, he's probably see all that.

can you think of something that would be unexpected and would really really surprise him?  the opposite of what he would expect.  

• Runemist34

September 27, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Super excited for you, Glitter!

On the game of lingerie, I would say… find something YOU feel sexy in! It makes a world of difference. If you absolutely love love LOVE that bra and panty set, then get it! Not so keen on that other babydoll? Don't. My main way of purchasing things like this is basically that criteria: If I'm not completely sold on it within the first five minutes, or after trying it on, I'm not getting it. But, if it does everything I want it to and I totally love it, even after trying it on…get it!

Most women think black is sexy, but I would say that it tends to look fairly harsh with most skin tones. Try things like tan, red, and purple. They are often flattering to most people (unless your skin is the same colour as the tan, then that's kinda weird). Please be sure that you are getting a bra that fits you correctly! I don't even trust people in the stores anymore. I've been told by a few ladies that I was something like a 38 DD… and those bras had me popping out EVERYWHERE! I'm actually a 30 I, so I'm not even sure where they got those numbers from. It was crazy.

Basics of bra fitting: Measure your waist, right where the band of your bra would fit, in inches. This is your band size. Then, measure the fullest part of your bust. The amount of inches different it is from your band size (in my case, 10 inches) will indicate your cup size. So, A B C D DD E F G H I – ten cup sizes, I am an I cup.

You'll want to make sure your band sits comfortably, without wandering upwards or cutting into you. The straps shouldn't fall down, nor should they drag your band upwards. Remember, the band is what gives you support and lift! The straps are just there for shape.

Umm, anyways. Didn't really think I'd get into the world of bra fitting! But it's important!! You want to feel awesome and sexy and fantastic! If bras don't make you feel that way, don't get them! I love loose babydolls and stuff like that ๐Ÿ™‚

A trick I heard for covertly getting into your lingerie: Say "I'm going to go have a shower." And then go, turn the water on, and get into your lingerie. Then, turn off the shower and go surprise him! Both my boyfriend and my roommate agreed that they would like that.

And have fun!!

• chemgoddess1

September 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm
  • phoenix kazree

September 27, 2013 at 11:54 pm

A bit pricey, but http://www.agentprovocateur.comรขโ‚ฌโ€น never, ever dissapoints.

• Cherished

September 28, 2013 at 12:10 am
  • aliceBheartless

September 28, 2013 at 12:32 am

http://www.dollhousebettie.com/

While I haven’t bought from this site, I love looking through it! One day ๐Ÿ™‚

• tacha666

September 28, 2013 at 3:39 am

Well I can tell you what my boyfriend likes:
    quillings (I hope this is the correct word) around the neckline and the hips, this will make your curves look awesome! And ribbons. Lots of them, tied to a bow. He once mentioned that it would make him think that he only needs to pull on them to see me naked.
    Hope this helps!

Btw, how did that cupcake thing turn out?

• glitterhips

September 28, 2013 at 8:21 am

Thanks everyone for the responses! I did try to ask him what he might like and he said “I like everything” lol! So I will have to do some hunting around. Chem I love all those sets, you know me so well!!!!

• glitterhips

September 28, 2013 at 8:21 am

Thanks everyone for the responses! I did try to ask him what he might like and he said “I like everything” lol! So I will have to do some hunting around. Chem I love all those sets, you know me so well!!!!

• Lyme Lyte

September 28, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Well I think most men just like nude! Maybe w only a pair of high heels? I know that when I dress up, I like slutty….. leather…..u get the drift. Thats what I like to wear, but hubby says I am sexy in whatever.

• Grizzly

October 4, 2013 at 5:04 am

I own an upmarket lingerie and toy store (not in USA). I see brides every weekend. Everyone is different- you need to decide if you want to be more covered up or more revealing. To me there is a difference between underwear and sexy bedroom lingerie. Don't go for normal bras which you wear every day. If you are after the sexy bedroom lingerie, look at the sexy packaged ranges from Rene Rofe, Dream Girl or Leg Avenue. They have such a variety- teddies, babydolls bodystockings, merry widows. You will find most of the packaged lingerie is not padded nor underwired. I have discussions with ladies about this the whole time. Most ladies want the extra padding or underwire- totally agreed if you are wearing your bra for the day but bedroom wear is completely different. 'Natural' is better; your partner knows you and your body- turn the tables-would you want to be feeling him up and he has padding in the way??? Everytime I ask a guy about underwire and padding they pull a face.

http://www.renerofe.com/catalogs/August2013/RR-Sexy-Catalog-SS-2013-v2.pdf.&nbsp;

If you are more outrageous, include a body stocking in your selection- guys go mad about them. If you do want to get something with suspenders/garter belt and thigh highs, try to get the detachable suspenders- detach the suspenders and attach to your thigh highs which are on the bed, then put the thigh highs on, your top bit on (merry widow, etc) and re-attach the suspenders. This way the suspenders are straight (trying to clip them and have them straight at the back is a mission)

Another outfit which most add to their honeymoon selection is a dress up one eg nurse or schoolgirl.

One other suggestion is to wrap your lingerie outfits in tissue paper and put them into a 'lucky packet'. Each morning have your man select your outfit for that night. He will spend the day wondering (and panting) for that night's outfit.

Hope this helps.https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif