StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions lazy poler…

• lazy poler…

Posted by PixiLouBell on December 30, 2012 at 2:31 pm

is there a such thing as a lazy poler?? cuz if so, i think i fit that category.  at first i practiced alot when i got my pole, at least 3-4 times a week..now i find myself only poling once or twice a week…its not that i dont enjoy it, i do!! i love pole, i think ive just become a little lazy about it…sigh

rachelskye replied 11 years, 4 months ago 10 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • PixiLouBell

December 30, 2012 at 2:33 pm

could also be the fact that its winter time, my hormones are crazy adjusting back to normal from the previous pregnancy, and im just LAZY lately…dont like it…lol

• HotelChick

December 30, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Lady, I go through this all the time. I think it’s pretty typical. But, I know it makes you cranky with yourself. Sometimes I use it as an excuse to buy new pole clothes. Can’t resist poling in a hot new pair of shoes or shorts 🙂

• Saphyre

December 30, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Story of my life! I am sure it has a lot to do with your hormones and the weather. Really, who wants to be in skimpy clothes this time of year? It's so stupid isn't it? I think it's mind over matter, because once you get going it's always fun. It's getting the dang motivation!! I would love to have a few cocktails or "something" to help out, but then I'd probably toss my cookies or fly off the pole. Fairy Dust! Maybe that's what we need! Seriously, you are definitely not alone and we are entitled to feel this way sometimes.

• sexygyrl

December 31, 2012 at 12:59 am

Lots of people practice together via Skype or in the chat room here. It has pushed me FAR!

• ShonaLancs

December 31, 2012 at 10:36 am

I took my pole down to make room for Christmas dinner table and can’t be bothered to put it back up- now that’s lazy!

• PixiLouBell

January 1, 2013 at 10:20 am

glad to kno im not the only one!! and LOL at “its stupid” susan!! lol

• PixiLouBell

January 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

so stupid**

• PlatinumAni

January 1, 2013 at 10:39 am

Girl I am a lazy poler too.. I do pole a lot but that is mainly due to making a commitment to others to skype. I know I would not drag myself into the pole room nearly as much left to my own devices. Winter is especially hard, you were still pretty new last year so the euphoria carried you through! It is typical though that  sometimes you will just not be as into it, life happens. It bothered me a lot more at first. Now I know to ride it out the urge will return and it is on again!

• Aviva

January 1, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I am a lazy poler.  Sometimes it has to be enough that I made my scheduled work-out and attempted anything on the pole.  I video tape myself and skype with people.  Skyping does help a lot. 

• CapFeb

January 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I’m the same way — I used to pole waaayyy to much and I ended up over using a lot of muscles. Now I pole my usual 3-4 times a week, but I’m not learning at the pace I want anymore. I used to do like, 2-3 moves a month and now I’m barely getting one. I get to my pole at home maybe once every two months? And then I’m like, “eh, I’ll work on transitions today.” I always have fun, but I feel lazy because I’m not progressing.

• jeansgina

January 2, 2013 at 2:09 am

Pixi – I've seen your videos and you certainly don't come across as lazy.  A couple of times a week is absoluetely fine over the winter.  Sometimes rest and relaxation is as important as exercise and it's hard to find time to do anything these days.

I often feel guilty when I'm resting because I feel I should be doing something and then I tell myself i'm lazy so I know where you are coming from.  On a good week I only pole twice though.

• rachelskye

January 2, 2013 at 7:08 am

when i'm feeling lazy, i put on some upbeat music and dance around the house! not only does it get me in the mood to pole, it warms up my body too! and even if you don't pole, you still got a mini cardio workout! 😛