StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions larger sized bras…

• larger sized bras…

Posted by MadisonsWorld on August 9, 2012 at 11:11 am

So, I have 34dd boobs and trying to find bras that fit and I don’t fall out of and have quad boob is next to impossible…not to mention the bras are not real sexy…wondering if anyone has suggestions….thanks in advance…

Hazi411 replied 11 years, 9 months ago 8 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

August 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

Info here:

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/3356

https://www.studioveena.com/forums/view/4dd17765-4514-41f9-85ac-23cb0ac37250

I am trying also to find a blog that a dear friend wrote about undergarments.  As soon as I do I will post it here.

• portableninja

August 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I have 32DD/E boobs, depending on the bra manufacturer. For things like running, I love the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. It's adjustable, high compression, and holds your boobs in place like nothing else. Its my go-to bra for exercise, but a bit too tight for pole.

For pole, I like something a bit less constricting. I also have the Ta-Ta Tamer from Lululemon. It's decent for jogging, and I used to like it for pole until I saw photos and video of what I look like in it. I don't know how such a tight fitting bra can make me look so saggy! 🙁 So I only wear that one under clothes now. I also have a Natori Yogi Wire-Free Convertible Sports Bra which is good for pole. The straps are adjustable to make a X-back, which helps for shoulder mount. It's probably my favorite bra for yoga and pole.

Finally, I just got the Lynn top from Mika Yoga Wear. It's recommended for large busted women. The first one I got was too small. I had to size up from what they recommended, but the exchange process was really easy. I have to say, it is the cutest, sexiest pole top I have ever worn. It's not as comfortable or secure as a well fitted jogging bra, but the sexyness was what I wanted. If I ever perform a recital, I will definitely wear my Lynn!

• MadisonsWorld

August 9, 2012 at 1:50 pm

@ninja, what Abt everyday bras?? I have a sports bra that I love its not a uniboob one…I have some le mystere bras that r good, but are a few yrs old and not very sexy….but they hold me up and no bounce and I don’t get quadboob….lane Bryant gas some nice ones, but they start at 36…

• portableninja

August 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm

First, make sure you are wearing the right size. Be sure to go to a real lingerie store… NOT Victoria’s Secret. Many VS locations will size you incorrectly just so they can sell you a bra that they have in stock. I once told a VS employee that I was a 32E and she gave me a weird look and said “um, that is NOT a real size.” I’m so happy to be called a liar… Thanks. I should have taken off the bra I was wearing to show her. 🙂

Anyway! Once you have been properly fitted at a real lingerie shop, check out the following brands: Wacoal, Natori, Freya, Panache. Freya also makes excellent swimwear… All my bathing suits are Freya. Freya and Panache are both British brands, it seems the British designers are kinder to large busted women. DKNY and Calvin Klein also make extended sizes, but I find that they are less well made. You can get these brands at department stores or online. I like Biggerbras.com and Herroom.com. Another option (if you have one nearby) is Loehmanns or Nordstrom Rack. I often find Natori and Wacoal bras there for less than half price.
    Wearing a properly sized and fitted bra changed my entire level of comfort- it’s so important!

• MadisonsWorld

August 9, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Yeah, VS is out of luck…their bras cover half of one boob….I like le mystere bras…..once the kids go back to school I am going to go, I just hate bra shopping…I have seen some nice panache and freya bras online, but just hate buying something that expensive and not trying it on…

• cupcake11

August 10, 2012 at 1:12 am

marie jo & chantelle are my faves (32F for me), but I aldo like Elle McPhearson. My favorite place to shop ( and be sized correctly) is Nordstrom’s-they have THE BEST customer service!

• JhennD

August 10, 2012 at 1:15 am

Love fifi bras! their return policy sold me. I’m a post aug girl, gald in only one way, I didn’t go any larger. I LOVE sexy bra sets. Can’t find them anywhere but online, pout. Sports bras- no way jose.
    www. Lovefifi.com

• Hazi411

August 10, 2012 at 5:50 am

I am a UK size 30GG/32G. I have a few sports bras which are OK but a bit uniboob. The name escapes me for the moment. I recently discovered Cleo by Panache – they make moulded cup T shirt style bras which I now wear for pole, under a Supre crop top, but these bras would be perfectly OK to wear on their own in a class. No spillage/wardrobe malfunctions! For our end of term performance I bought a similar bra from Target, but as they don’t do my size, I went up several back sizes to get a cup size that fitted, then shortened the “underband” to fit, which worked OK.

• MadisonsWorld

August 10, 2012 at 7:42 am

@Jehn I don’t know if that’s part of th. Issue is I have implants…I will def loo. At these…I wish we had a nordstroms here…I m just Leary Abt buying bras online without trying and getting properly fitted first…thank u for all the suggestions

• portableninja

August 10, 2012 at 8:59 am

You can measure yourself if you can't get in to see a bra fitter. It's a bit easier if you have someone to help you wrap the tape around your back.

Here's a good bra sizing guide that also includes size conversions for popular brands:

http://www.biggerbras.com/how-to-fit-a-bra.shtml

Most bra specialty retailers have excellent return policies because they know how personal fit can be. As long as the item is new with tags attached, you should be fine.

• calipolepixie

August 10, 2012 at 11:01 am

I’m a 36 D (implants) & have difficulty finding a bra that fits & doesnt look like a grandma bra! I’ve recently discovered bali bras sold at kohls, which are great everyday bras. I love their wirefree bras. For sexy bras, i buy from fredricks of hollywood.

• Lyme Lyte

August 10, 2012 at 11:16 am

I NeVER thought of Fredricks for SEXY stuff!  I am going to visit their site.  Im sure hubby get tired of seeing me in my sports and granny bras all the time.  How is the return policy at FOH?

• MadisonsWorld

August 10, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I fall out of fredericks bras….that’s all I used tg o wear but since I got my second set of implants and lift, I can’t wear them.:.as soon as I start to move , my boobs pop out….

• JhennD

August 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm

How about sports bras for high impact cardio? During Pole I wear a Target ‘sports bra’ but for working out has been a pain. Under armor brand doesn’t carry a comfortable size, wearing only one bra, size 34 DDD. (I know for some -that’s a dream size, but not for bootcamp cardio)
    But LoveFifi.com is fab! And specials every week, open retun policy. Sexy!!

• Hazi411

August 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I hate that “measure yourself and add 5″” thing, which I’ve never understood That method may work for some, but not for me! According to that method, i think i come out as 36D but my correct size is 30GG or 32G (possibly because i have a very narrow back.)