StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions inverted press ups

• inverted press ups

Posted by Jonnie on September 9, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Iv been doing these a while now there really good for upper body strength, go into a handstand against a wall and po press ups against your own body weight, when i frist tried these i failed and could do 1, now i reckon i can do about 10 before the blood vessels in my temple explode.

Also different hand positions whilst doing press ups work your different muscle groups.
    hand spread far apart pectorals.
    hands normal bicep/tricep if you used a controlled lowering, the slower the better really, and a good 15 second hold at the top and bottom.
    Hands in the middle so ur fingers are making a diamond mainly triceps and deltoids. (these i struggle with)
    one hand regular postion, and the other hand as low down the body as possible, works your Lats

and for fun try put both your hands as far down your body and do those. (y)

iv also taken to doing sit ups with my legs raised on chair or my bed seems to burn alot more too.

yogabeachbabe replied 14 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Trena

September 9, 2009 at 11:08 pm
  • RoxyPink

September 10, 2009 at 12:44 am

I’ve been doing handstand push ups for a while now and they are no joke! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• SissyBuns

September 10, 2009 at 2:29 am

My daughter does these in gymnastics and I’ve been meaning to try them. It doesn’t look easy. She shakes when she does it! LOL

• Jonnie

September 10, 2009 at 2:49 am

Their definatly not easy, thought it might be useful for…(dont know the name) your legs are up the top of th pole and u push urself up with your arms. looks like the same principle.
    Iv been told by trainers before that using your own body weight is just as good as going to the gym… so thats my excuse not to go to the gym https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_tongue.gif

• yogabeachbabe

September 10, 2009 at 3:53 am

Holy crap! That’s a hardcore exercise! Wow to all of you that do it! I want to try, but feel that I’d be eating the floor…