StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions how awkward is it to put a pole in the living room and have roommates

• how awkward is it to put a pole in the living room and have roommates

Posted by Athena30 on September 30, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hey guys,

I just moved to  Spain for a language assistant program. I need to find a place to live, and so far it's been hard to find an affordable apartment near downtown which would have ample space in my room for a pole. I found a place today that I might like to live in, but there's no room in my room for a pole. They said they'd be cool with me placing a pole in the living room. Do you think it's realistic for me to wake up early for pole practice before it gets crazy in the apartment? There'd be three others living there. Or should I shell out a lot of cash trying to find an apartment where the rooms are spacious enough for me to place a pole? Don't know what to do.

Runemist34 replied 10 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Athena30

September 30, 2013 at 5:34 pm

sorry by they i mean roommates

• Lyme Lyte

September 30, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Don’t tie yourself up w a big payment! I say put it up, maybe ur roommates will take to pole and u can have people to lean from and visa versa. I would love to have ONE pole buddy, and you may have a few who will be living with you!!!

• Kate O

September 30, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I shared a house with 3 others at uni and they didn't mind me having my pole up in the living room – I just tended to practice when they were out elsewhere or busy studying 🙂 hope it works out!

• Runemist34

September 30, 2013 at 8:59 pm

I've had roommates most of the time I've been poling! Generally they don't seem to notice, mind, or care- unless they want to have fun, too! Now that I have a pole my current roommate can grip, he's been pretty happy to set it to spin mode and just to a bunch of combo spins and pull ups (that he just seems to get, the jerk!)

If you're a morning person who likes to work out early, then go for it! If not, just ease into it 🙂 Usually people are engrossed in their own thing, and will get used to you working out, and no longer notice 🙂 It's also nice because, eventually, you can be like "Look at me!!" and they can share in your victories!