StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions harm to the hardwood floor??

• harm to the hardwood floor??

Posted by VanillaryPuff on June 4, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I would love to buy a pole (x-pole I think), but I’m really concerned about the floor in my flat. It is made of hardwood (old parquet flooring), and I really don’t want it to be harmed! So, when I put up the x-pole, and pinch it between the ceiling and the floor, will it leave any marks on the floor? Any marks, moulds or rings? And the same with the ceiling, of course … (although the ceiling is not so important in this room).

If it DOES leave any imprints – is there a possibility to prevent them??
    I would so love to get my own pole, and it would be too bad if I couldn’t, just because I live in a beautiful old building https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

Billababe220 replied 14 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jenn

June 4, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I have hardwood floors and have never had a problem with my pole leaving any impressions. I have heard that some woods are softer than others, and I am not sure what kind I have. I do have to deal with lots of scuff marks from my heels, but those wipe off easily with soap and water. If you’re concerned about it then you could get a non-skid rubber mat to put under the base of your pole. That would probably prevent it from doing any damage. Just be caredul its non-skid and won’t move when you’re doing spins and such. Good luck!!

• VanillaryPuff

June 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm
  • JenGwen323

July 2, 2010 at 9:07 pm

My x-pole hasn’t hurt my hardwoods at all. Another option for you, I have an area rug that I once put under the pole and that worked too. It was large and had a non-slip pad under it.

• jellycat1

July 3, 2010 at 4:42 am

Doesn’t leave a mark on our bamboo floors. (I think a hardwood would be sturdier.)

• Billababe220

September 9, 2010 at 4:01 am

I have hardwood floors too. I use an area rug underm mine with one of the non-slip grip pads under it. Hasnt left and marks or impressions https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif