StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions cross ankle release to iguana

• cross ankle release to iguana

Posted by hookedonpole on June 12, 2014 at 12:51 am

I have finally gotten past the fear of getting into iguana from CAR, but I have a very protruding tailbone thst it is scraped horrible by rubbing against my thumb when lowerung my nody. It hurts so badly thst sometimes I want to abort when in the middle of it. Do I need to push body away from the pole more or the protruding tailbone will always be an issue?? I am doing a lot now because I plan on putting this move in a routine for showcase at my studio next month…ouch!? I have recent video here where I am doing it.

hookedonpole replied 9 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jsheridan

June 12, 2014 at 9:09 pm

So a few things that I have my students do. I dont know much about your tailbone issue, so I dont know if they would help. First, I have them set their hands BEFORE going back, since you do need to pass over your hands. This way, you are already on top of your hands and dont need to do the a portion of the slide, which prevents you from catching on your butt. Also, it may help if you can get your shoulders closer to the pole before sliding, so you are more vertical. It will change the angle of pressure, and make the slide more controlled so you can loosen your leg grip to put even less pressure. That may be a flexibility issue, I dont know much about your flexibility!

• hookedonpole

June 13, 2014 at 12:43 am

Thank you. Yes, I struggle with getting more vertical to the pole. In fact earlier in class tonight I asked someone to see why I’m not, either I’m scared to relax and let my body get more vertical or lack of flexibility. I was able to relax and let body lower some, but not a lot more. We were also trying to figure out what could prevent me sliding my tail bone over hands and hurting so much. I accidentally placed hands differently and didn’t hurt. A friend was watching me and noticed I placed my hands closer to my butt, thus tailbone was already over them when I began to slide down. So I think that is what you are talking about. I will practice again tomorrow and work on your tips. THANK YOU!

• chemgoddess1

June 13, 2014 at 10:19 am

Are you able to do an ankle hang/dangerous Brian? I can get myself much closer to the pole plus pretty much get one leg out of the way by going into an ankle hang prior to iguana.

• hookedonpole

June 13, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I think that’s what I do, go into cross ankle first, then position hands behind me and lower myself. I just posted a video of it and have another one where I do it at the studio. The studio one I do an Advanced Plank first, then go into CAR.