StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions crash mat..

• crash mat..

Posted by MadisonsWorld on November 5, 2012 at 10:58 am

I know there are severAL threads on this…my question is how big of a mat is good? I am making my own and is wondering if 3×3 is large enough…or do I go with 6×6??

zoeyxxxx replied 11 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • zoeyxxxx

November 5, 2012 at 11:15 am

Is that meters.I use quite a small one and position it were I may fall when trying a move xx

• MadisonsWorld

November 5, 2012 at 11:31 am

3×3 feet…which converts to almost 1 meter

• zoeyxxxx

November 5, 2012 at 11:55 am

I will check mine and let you no. What you making it from xxx

• Cherished

November 5, 2012 at 12:13 pm

The ones at my local studio are 4×4. I just ended up buying a bunch of huge body pillows from walmart and plan on sticking them together with velcro when I have time. They are 20in. wx48in. L/51cm x 122cm. Two layers makes me feel safe!

• MadisonsWorld

High density foam and going to kale a vinyl cover…

• MadisonsWorld

Make

• MadisonsWorld

November 5, 2012 at 12:29 pm

They have 2 diff heights..1 is 4″ $75 for 3×3 and the other is 2″ is $55 for 3×3 at Joanne fabric and they have 40% off coupons..my husband always has large pieces of vinyl at work and he has a sewing machine for that material…

• Sassypants

November 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I just use my couch cushions. They fit together into 4×4 square around my pole, it's perfect. 

• MadisonsWorld

November 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm

My cushions don’t come off

• Sassypants

November 5, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Well that does pose a problem. Do any of your friends or family have an old couch in their basement or something that they'd be willing to lend? that would be a super cheap alternative. Keep your eye out at yard sales or thrift shops, too! You don't need to like the couch, just the cushions 🙂

• chemgoddess1

November 5, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Where are you finding 3 foot foam at JoAnns?  The widest I have ever seen was 24".

• MadisonsWorld

November 5, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I think u t right..so I would wind up doing a 3×4 I guess…so I would pay for a 6×2 and cut it in half ok hope I am thinking correctly and it is 1yd is $55 so I would pay for 2 yrds…and have a 40% off…so if my math is correct $66 plus tax….I m going thurs to figure it out…either way it will b cheaper than buying a mat

• zoeyxxxx

November 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Haha sofa cusion I was gone do that. But the Mrs told me of I did the pole will be out the door. So instead I got a old gym mat grin a school the nice thick ones a cut a line half way down one wide to the middle to slot round the pole :)xxx