StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions ceiling height Q

• FreeTheSun

April 6, 2010 at 11:52 pm

If you mean the cover that covers the screw thread that adjust to ceiling height, than no it is not okay to grip. If not, than I don’t know. I have the x-pole not pert, but I think they are pretty similar. And yes your pole should be fine to use so long as you secure it well.

• Mary Ellyn

April 7, 2010 at 12:07 pm

The cover that slides over the adjuster rod on the new Xpert IS safe to grip – however, it needs to be checked often to make certain is has not unscrewed during use so that it is still securely in place.

If you check on the bottom left side of page four of your instruction manual, directly below the height chart you scanned in there, you will see that the pole is safe for use with the adjuster rod extended no more than 5 inches (125mm) which is why the smallest extension needed should be 125mm.

However, which I mentioned yesterday to you on FB, if your ceiling has a lot of flex in it, you may find that your 125mm will not fit when you try to stand your pole up, but once you tighten the ceiling will lift and actually extend beyond that 125mm mark.

Some people have been told that the adjuster rod is still safe when extended beyond those 5 inches. I don’t like to recommend more than what is written in the manual so I personally would advise a 3/4" piece of plywood or particle or whatever board you want, placed between your dome and your ceiling to make up the difference until they settle the 100mm problem.

• FreeTheSun

April 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Well nvm to what I said then. Glad someone knows for sure cause I was just guessing.

The forum ‘Discussions’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now