StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions can’t get x pole apart! :(

• can’t get x pole apart! :(

Posted by AliciaPolerina on June 14, 2011 at 8:22 am

So I moved back home with my mom, and took my pole of corse!  Where I used to live we had 12 ft ceilings so I had the extention to go up to that .  Now I only have standard 8 ft ceilings so I want to take the extention off….but I cant get any of the pieces to budge!!!! I'm so frustrated because I want to use my pole! I think I practically dislocated my thumbs squeeaing and pushing so hard to try to get the thing to unscrew!  I even used a yoga mat to help me get a good grip, still won't budge! HELP!!!!

LizzyLiz810 replied 12 years, 10 months ago 11 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • kklove

June 14, 2011 at 9:26 am

which version do you have of the xpole with or without the xjoints? if its the older version without the xjoints you definately need the release rods, they keep you from breaking you or anything else in case they get fused and stuck together.

• AliciaPolerina

June 14, 2011 at 9:33 am

Yea its the older one, what are release rods?

• kklove

June 14, 2011 at 9:40 am

order these asap, they will save your life and your arm. 🙂 http://www.xpoleus.com/shop_accessories.php (scroll all the way to the bottome and you will see the C-cup release rods, they are like $20 i think. and makes put up and take down so much easier)  Happy Poling 🙂

• hookedonpole

June 14, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I recently bought a used xpole (original model) and we could not get apart either.  My husband struggled A LOT.  He finally got so frustrated he hit one of the rods with a hammer with some force and it gave.  But he doesn't want to do it that way again, so I ordered the heavy duty tool.  Haven't used it yet, but he's thrilled.  I've read others who got the tool and love it.  I was just surprised at how much the shipping cost is.

• yazzy86

June 15, 2011 at 12:26 am

I had such a hard time getting mine apart, but I found that using a cold towel wrapped around the seams of the two poles helped. I read there was a possibility of vapor-lock due to heat, so the cold towel and with the help of a friend I was able to finally get them apart. Hope that helps.

• Polkadotpoler

June 15, 2011 at 6:25 am

My poles get jammed on occasion so to get them apart:

Put the pole back up and loosen each section individually. Start with the top section, put a rod in the hole of the top extension and a rod in the hole of the extension directly below it. Anchor the lower rod with your leg to the right of it and push back against it, push forwards (anti clockwise) on the top rod and hopefully that should get them apart. Do the same for the others too and it should be ok to take down. 

When you put the pole back up make sure it is tight but not too tight you are unable to create space when undoing each section. 

I hope that helps, that is the ONLY way I have been able to take my poles apart. 

• Laura KittyCat

June 15, 2011 at 8:42 am

I have the newer model of x-pole with the x-joint. One of the sections has rotated so that the hole for the tightening screw is no longer in line with the hole in the pole. I won’t be taking it apart for a while, but has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas for when I do have to break it down?

• AliciaPolerina

June 15, 2011 at 8:47 am

Thanks for the advice everyone….I’m going to tackle this bad boy again and I WILL win haha!!

• kklove

June 15, 2011 at 9:01 am

ok goodluck chica, but if it doesnt look like banging it wont get them apart just hold off until you get the tool.  I was in the same spot as you before I got the tool and even my big strong roomate couldnt get it apart i was very frustrated so i feel your pain.  🙂

• minicoopergrl

June 15, 2011 at 9:17 am

@KittyCat86  Xpole says to use a broom and push the joint.  I had both joints stuck and it wasnt a big deal when poling it was the breaking down part that was going to be PITA!  I used a broom and it was working but not that well.  I used an extra x joint I had.  That worked much better.  The joint from a to b was hard as hell.  We physically took it apart from the base to get the joint out since A pole is attached to the bottom.  so now my husband and I know how the xpole works from the inside out!

@Raquelle – have you called Xpole yet?   They may offer some advice or suggest getting the release tools. 

• Laura KittyCat

June 15, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Thanks minicoopergirl! Will keep that in mind when the time comes.

• jgroat

June 15, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I use a rubber strap wrench to get the poles apart.  (Well technically I get my husband to do it lol.) 

Its a plumbers tool for taking apart pipes and I found mine in the plumbing section of a hardware store.  It wasn't very expensive but I find it invaluable.  It's easy to use and it won't damage your pole.

I did a quick search and they have them for US$10 on amazon.com.

• AliciaPolerina

June 16, 2011 at 6:50 am

Oooo maybe ill stop by the hardware store on my way home today, its worth a shot! I havent touched it sincr, my thumb muscles are actually soar from straining so hard lol!

• crazykitten

June 16, 2011 at 9:57 am

@ KittyCat86:  My boyfriend and I used the same method on my new X-pole!  Those joints rotate like crazy, I don't like them.

• crazykitten

June 16, 2011 at 9:58 am

Sorry, I mean @ minicoopergirl too!

Page 1 of 2