StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions books to read…

• books to read…

Posted by MadisonsWorld on September 13, 2012 at 11:39 am

Ok, so I figured this would be good group of women to ask…hopefully not offensive to anyone…I am not into reading books, well that was until this summer…I am not one to give into the hype of things..that being said,gave into it and decided to read 50 shades out of curiousity…well, I enjoyed it..notto mention my husband loved the idea of me reading that kind of material…well now, I am looking for more books along the lines of adult erotica…the problem is where do you go to after reading 50? I read colters woman and the the sequels, started reading bared to you,but it was too much like 50 shades,and didn’t hold my attention…so basicly looking for some suggestions…I am currently reading hunger games, but still enjoy the other books…

vickiezoo replied 11 years, 7 months ago 18 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • calipolepixie

September 13, 2012 at 11:48 am

Check out The Sleeping beauty trilogy by Anne Rice: Beauty's Release, Beauty's punishment & The claiming of sleeping beauty. Basically, it's a twisted & sensual tale of what happens after prince charming wakes sleeping beauty. Target sells it the cheapest or if you have Kindle of course you can download it for your Kindle.

I read a few more that I really liked a couple of years ago, when I remember the names, I'll post them here for you as well.

• nymphdancer

September 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm

lol reading 50 shades was like reading a disney book for me the erotica in it was pretty tame. You looking for BDSM erotica or just erotica?

• chemgoddess1

September 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm

There is a convention held here every year called Romanticon put on by Ellora's Cave.  They have a whole line of books (I have not read any of them).  They have all of their "Cave Men" at the event.

http://ellorascave.com/

• MadisonsWorld

September 13, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Nymphdancer- either type….just want some really good reads…I m up for suggestions And very open minded ;).

• MadisonsWorld

September 13, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Not into the Fabio tho…

• MadisonsWorld

September 13, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Let me put it this way, the kinkier the better

• FeeDen

September 13, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I loved Megan Harts books Broken and Dirty, erotic and are beautifully written with a good story,  Lorelei James books are full of cowboys, menages mild BDSM and more hot cowboys. Also Dangerous boys and their toys by Shayla Black, sweet persuasion by maya Banks check out the reviews on Amazon  to see if they're what you are looking for. 

• FeeDen

September 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm

just read Nikki Gemmell With my body and loved it, though I think its a case of love or hate it from the reviews.

• MadisonsWorld

September 13, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I just got the sweet series by Maya banks…so gonna read those and see if it tickles my fancy..hehe

• GiedreB

September 16, 2012 at 6:54 am

Sandra Brown hands down!!! She writes these thrillers and includes some naughty action in there too, lol. Really great books. I've read The Switch, The Witness and Mirror Image so far, and I really recommend them.

• SophieP

September 24, 2012 at 10:51 am

I agree with GiedreB, I LOVE Sandra Brown, Envy is the last one I read, I loved it! Lethal is also one of my favorites. You could also make an account on sites like goodreads.com where you can enter and rate the books you have read and loved and they give you suggestions of books to read according to your entries. I love this site!

• akaneneko

September 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I haven't read much of her books myself, only a short story so far, but I have read GREAT reviews about Opal Carew. From what I have read, the stories are steamy and decently written. 

http://www.opalcarew.com

Happy reading!

• CD Hussey fka Jivete

September 24, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I don't normally pimp my own stuff, but if ever there was an appropriate time to do so…

I write adult romance (meaning the sex in my books is descriptive and can be erotic in nature). I don't have quite as many sex scenes as FSOG, but definitely more than HG, lol. The series I have out now is paranormal light.

Anyway, if you're interested, my website is here: http://www.cdhussey.com/ but Amazon is probably a better place to check it out: http://www.amazon.com/CD-Hussey/e/B004XDMH3S

Other books I recommend… if you like YA, Angelfall was a great Indie read. For typical paranormal romance (and really well done sex scenes), you can't go wrong with the first 4-5 books in JR Ward's Black Dagger series.

• lolalola2

September 26, 2012 at 1:08 am

Try “The Story of O”.

• Hazelnut

September 26, 2012 at 3:34 am

DEFINITELY the story of O! The original BDSM novel! 😀

If you're into the psychology/theory/real life examples of BDSM, look for Ilona Paris's books. She's a sexual therapist and used to be a dominatrix as well, and she writes a range of stuff from "beginners guides" to scientific papers. not quite novels but their super easy to read and some of the stuff in her guides is pretty erotic (not to mention gives you good ideas) 😉

Page 1 of 2