StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions anti glide or gloves?

• anti glide or gloves?

Posted by CreativityBySteffie on April 1, 2011 at 6:00 am

Hi everyone! 🙂

I'm officially addicted to pole-dancing and I need your advice on something. What would be the best thing to prevent falling down in the beginning, anti glide cream or the gloves you can buy? (I'm kinda in love with those pink ones).

Thank you! :)https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_flower.gif

CreativityBySteffie replied 13 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • chemgoddess1

April 1, 2011 at 7:15 am

Falling down?  What do you mean?

I would never suggest that anyone use gloves or grip aids in the beginning unless they had issues with hyperhidrosis.  This is a crutch that I do not believe should be used, just as learning to climb just with boots/shoes etc I do not believe should be done.  If you do not learn the proper grip from the get go what will ever make you learn it?

This is me.

• reenie aka Mysfit

April 1, 2011 at 9:24 am

Yep….what Chemmie said….

I have my students struggle through it….Safely of course….but they need to get stronger in order to have the body adapt.

Poling requires a ton of strength……grip strength included. I know when I first started(and…if I have been off the pole for a long while) my hands sweat from lack of grip strength……as well as nerves.

It does get better. Just keep your hands/pole clean and dry with a towel…..clean the pole with rubbing alcohol, vodka etc….

The other thing I did was buy one of those sand filled tension releaser balls…squeezing that puppy helped……

As for the nerves…..I still have sweaty palms if I get nervous….

• CreativityBySteffie

April 2, 2011 at 3:37 am

I dont Think I expressed myself right:) I know how to pole without it. and also to climb proper etc. I just mean it as I asked it. because it does give some mental protection, gives you more comfort when your not advanced yet. So i basically just want to know what works Best, the cream or the gloves? Thanks for your help 🙂

• CreativityBySteffie

April 2, 2011 at 3:40 am

Also I use veenas strength lessons, and I am getting stronger, quicker than I Expected. So it is only to help me get a bit tighter grip. 🙂

• CreativityBySteffie

April 11, 2011 at 3:05 am

Im still hoping that someone has an opinion on this? What worked best for you?

• Madfelice

April 11, 2011 at 4:14 am

I would not use gloves.  Grip aid should be enough.  I think gloves don't really help to develop your grip, they are more of a 'cheat' if you get my drift?  I started with Tite Grip, which my studio recommended, then tried Mighty grip which I like, but then tried Itac, which was better, and better again with a little mighty grip thrown on top, lol!  I recently tried Dry Hands, and quite liked it, but again topped up after a while with Mighty Grip and just the last couple times I have poled I tried out Liquid Grip, which is not too bad, and smells prettier than the others, lol!

These days I try and remember to use Tite Grip like half an hour before I pole, use Itac2 level 3 then if I feel I am slipping at any stage, top up with Mighty Grip, but like I said, I wouldn't use gloves myself.

• karriesully

April 25, 2011 at 8:42 am

I think it depends on what you're doing and your physiological make-up. 

I don't generally suggest gloves if you're dancing and mixing tricks (spins and inverts). 

If you're working at home and playing with inverts without spotting help gloves might be a good idea just for some added security. Please use a mat, go slow, and tuck your head.

If you have sweaty hands/feet – Tite Grip is often the only thing that works. 

If you're heavier and using pole to drop weight/struggling with hand strength on spins and things – Mighty Grip or similar is a must-have. I hope this helps – – Cheers!

• CreativityBySteffie

April 27, 2011 at 4:45 am

Thanks so much! I have purchased both and I really feel like the mighty grip powder helps. I havent tried the gloves, since the powder is already doing the trick. However I think I'll use the gloves for strenght exercises – they may prevent broken skin on my hands.