StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions YogaFit

• YogaFit

Posted by JoleneBell on April 17, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Does anyone reading this hold a YogaFit certification or any yoga certification? I am doing research, research, research on yoga certs and which are the best for the money/most comprehensive. Any and all info/opinions appreciated!

Tigerschic041721 replied 9 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Goddess KK

April 18, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I’ve been putting a yoga cert into the works for a few years now. I have heard over and over from teachers, local and not, that doing an intensive yoga certification (like one that runs for 30 days straight) is so much more valuable than one that runs Friday-Sunday for 6 months if you can make an intensive work. The places I have been looking at are Kipalu in Massachusetts, Kalani in Hawaii, and the Jivamukti Center in New York. The Jivamukti intensive is REALLY freaking expensive and they want you to sign a waiver saying you will follow a strict vegan diet while training. I don’t necessarily have a problem with that, but I mainly looked into getting certified to teach Jivamukti because it is my favorite style. However, I have been looking at just getting certed in general hatha, then just adding the elements of Jivamukti that I like in my own teaching skill. Anusara is another good one, but it is a pretty elite group and getting certified is a really in depth and lengthy process. The best, I found, is to just ask your own teachers where they got certified or where they recommend. Making money as a yoga teacher is hit or miss, just like making money as an artist; some places yoga teachers make big bucks just off teaching and in others, yoga teacher have regular jobs and do yoga on the side. You could look into the Yoga Alliance which is a nationally (and possibly internationally) recognized yoga certification. I kind of gave up on being worried about whether or not the curriculum I was going to do was truly “certified” or not because it mainly doesn’t matter where I live. If you like exotic locations, check out Yogi Nomad; they do intensives all over the world!! Hopefully some of these resources help!! 🙂

• redlotuselizabeth

April 18, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Hi there! I have RYT-200 through YogaFit. The best program for you really depends on what you plan to do with it. I actually loved doing a weekend at a time because it gave me time to study and incorporate each new topic rather than being overwhelmed with SOOOO much info in an intensive, but that’s personal preference.

Do you want it for personal enrichment or plan to teach? Do you want to teach in a small independent studio or in a large facility like a YMCA or other gyms or even privately/semi-privately? Who do you foresee as your students? Are you in an urban, suburban or rural area?

• Tigerschic041721

May 11, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Does anyone have a legit online 200 RYT program they can recommend? I’m really interested in a cert program but they are all far away or would require taking way too much time off of my job which unfortunately is not a possibility at this time. I’ve come across a couple online programs however they do not offer official certification rather a certificate of completion and are still pretty pricey at that. I suppose this may not matter as I am hoping to teach in a small studio environment but I would prefer the real deal. Are there programs that offer more than one style or are they just all separate like I’ve seen so far? I really would like to incorporate different styles in my teaching such as fit, restorative, hammock, flow, etc and eventually kids. TIA