StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Xpole is peeling?

• Xpole is peeling?

Posted by Meleania on December 29, 2009 at 4:19 am

Well I had my xpole up for about a year and i took it down one day to steam clean the carpets, and when i put it back up I noticed some stuff sticking out between the 2 main joists, i was like whats this? and ran my thumb over it..big mistake, it cut up my thumb real bad and i was bleeding, it was part of the chrome finish that came off and was sticking out, i guess screwing the pieces back together was what made it came apart, well i took a file and filed it off and made sure it was smooth and it wouldnt cut me anymore. So I went on my merry way cuz i figured it would be hard to take a pic of a tiny little metal thing sticking out to prove that my pole was faulty, and little by little more chrome kept coming off but it just flaked off and was no big deal. Well today after poling for awhile i noticed tiny little cuts on my legs as if a cat ran over me, nothing too bad. But i was like, hmm, where did I get this?? And then it hit me, my pole is cutting my legs up!! Is xpole picky about having proof that part of your pole is bad? Its just the top main part that has the adjuster screw in it. I got my pole from this site http://xpoleus.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so its not fake. I did buy it in like july 08 so i hope its not too old to be replaced. Has anyone else had this problem?

Madfelice replied 14 years, 7 months ago 9 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Veena

Administrator
    December 29, 2009 at 4:25 am

Always call X pole ASAP if a problem pops up….don’t wait! They will always help you out if you let them know promptly.

• RoxyPink

December 29, 2009 at 3:54 pm

Are you sure it is a true x-pole?? Where did you buy it? There are fake x-poles on the market that are known to peel….

• REDKE71

December 30, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Are you sure it is a true x-pole?? Where did you buy it? There are fake x-poles on the market that are known to peel….

she said she got it from xpoleus.com

give xpole a call and they will help you out..!

• RoxyPink

December 30, 2009 at 5:43 pm
  • Ricki

December 31, 2009 at 11:06 am

Hi there, my pole was peeling, but also the main poles would not screw together, so I couldn’t even use my pole. X-pole have amazing customer service, they sent me the new parts right away. Any news? Good luck and keep us posted, thanks and happy new year! https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

• Gsylass

December 31, 2009 at 6:57 pm

It must be a virus… mine peeled last night while at a friend’s house – so embarrassing – so it’s wearing a Mr Bump sticker until I get a replacement section!

• Dancing Paws

June 28, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Has anyone had this problem recently? I don't want to order a bunch for class to have them end up peeling and cutting the girls.

• Charley

June 28, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Not that I have heard of but it's always possible – the chrome is a coating.  I have had great experience with X-pole's customer service – I haven't had any pole issues I had a carry case break on me and they sent me a new one within a week but that was it.

One of the studios I work at has 5 x-poles and we haven't had a single problem with them.

• Madfelice

June 28, 2011 at 11:21 pm

The studio I go to had chrome X-Poles and once the chrome coating is damaged they do in fact peel.  The damage can be done by jewellery or whatever.  Sounds like when you took it down you maybe loosened some of the plating around the joints or maybe it was loose to start with and you exposed the problem.  I vote for giving X-Pole a call since it was at the joint area and it could have been a problem that was already there.