StudioVeena.com Forums Discussions Xpole installation tips?

• Xpole installation tips?

Posted by yrngrl on May 31, 2013 at 9:55 am

My new xpole xpert is arriving today, and I'm obviously super excited. I've been taking lessons for a couple months in a studio and I'm thrilled to be able to practice at home too. Anyway, any installation tips to help me do it right the first time, or "I wish I would've have known that BEFORE I tried to put it up" tidbits? Thanks!

aliceBheartless replied 10 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • monica kay

May 31, 2013 at 10:11 am

i would suggest taking the time to fully read the instruction manual from beginning to end.
    doing that was especially difficult for me because, in addition to being really excited, i am also the kinda person that never reads instructions and likes to just figure it out.
    but fully understanding the way the pieces work actually helps with trouble shooting, dis-assembling, and maintenance in the future.
    also be careful with the little screws- they strip easily. its a good idea to order extra at some point.
    🙂 congrats on your new pole!!

• Dwiizie

May 31, 2013 at 10:12 am

Well, its something I think you have to get the hang of. Read the manual online (some people say don't but I like to have that with the youtube videos) Don't overtighten your pole but make sure its tight enough. Make sure if you clamp down screws they are going onto flat parts of the pole and not onto threading. Also, you can't get the base in without taking out the spin/static screws. I had a blonde moment with that one. Line up the spin/lock screws with the x's on the base to make sure it clamps down on the flat spot inside. Alternate screws, when one is tight, tighten the other some more, then go back and forth till they're both good. Same with the 3 screws that lock your pole into its tension place, and DEFINITELY do this with x joints. Do a top and a bottom, then redo the top, and redo the bottom. If you don't go back and forth, it won't spread out right, possibly damaging the x joint, and possibly not making enough contact which will leave it able to twist possibly. Don't be scared, just read the directions, use your noggin, and you'll be fine. Make sure the pole is level all ways by checking a few points around the pole. Sometimes it can be level "side to side" but its tilted slightly toward or away from you. Those are all I can think of that I had to kind of work out and figure out when I first got my pole and didn't want to screw up setting it up. 

• Dwiizie

May 31, 2013 at 10:13 am

And just to elaborate, xpole has youtube videos online for putting the pole up, and a lot have abandoned the manual in favor of those 😉

• yrngrl

June 5, 2013 at 10:00 am

Thanks much! Pole is up and good to go. https://www.studioveena.com/img/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

• Dancing Paws

June 5, 2013 at 11:36 am

Watch the installation video. The big thing with the x poles is you need to make sure the joints are TIGHT! The hex key should flex when you turn the screw. Same with the screws. Also, periodically check them before you use the pole, so you don't strip your pole/rotate the joint.

• yrngrl

June 5, 2013 at 11:55 am

I did, and read the directions. And thanks, it's a tough call between worrying things are too tight/not tight enough.

• aliceBheartless

June 5, 2013 at 11:58 am

I totally agree. The too tight/too loose thing freaks me out about the xpole. I am so worried about it bowing/not spinning on the one hand, and falling down on the other hand.

• Dancing Paws

June 5, 2013 at 11:58 am

it actually doesn't need to be real tight to the ceiling. As long at you can gorilla shake it without it slipping you're good.

• yrngrl

June 5, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I had my boyfriend take a few swings on it to make sure… he weighs twice what I do (I'm short and skinny). I figure if it doesn't slip when he does it, it won't when I do!

• Dancing Paws

June 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm

If it doesn't slip and it can spin smoothly, you should be good.

• yrngrl

June 5, 2013 at 12:09 pm

It spins, but it feels like it sort of catches as it goes around, maybe twice per rotation? Not really catching, but like it hits a flat spot- I can hear it more than feel it. Normal?

• Dancing Paws

June 5, 2013 at 12:11 pm

It might be a tad too tight.

• yrngrl

June 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm

To the ceiling?

• Dancing Paws

June 5, 2013 at 12:16 pm

yeah tension-wise. You can try loosening it just a tad and see if that helps.

• yrngrl

June 5, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Thanks so much! I remembered we had it, but then when we were lining up the three screws to not hit the threading we made it a bit tighter. So I backed it off a third of a turn (just until screws all lined up again) and now it spins smoothly!

Page 1 of 2